Macro/ Close Up PollWhat annoyed you today?MACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for...MY FAVOURITE ..... CHAT ...MACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES...Photoshop subscriptionMY FAVOURITE ..... ENTRY...POLL-FLORA MONOCHROMEPoll for GLASSGLASS - ENTRY thread - t...CHAT-FLORA MONOCHROME-Wee...ENTRIES-FLORA MONOCHROME-...1Dx Mk3GLASS chat thread - th...POLL DECONSTRUCTEDDeconstructed - ENTRIES 2...

Poll

please vote for your favourite tree

Southampton Common
0 (0%)
This Old Tree
6 (28.6%)
Out in the Mist
6 (28.6%)
Tree Island
1 (4.8%)
Fallen Tree
0 (0%)
The Glade
6 (28.6%)
Silver Birch
2 (9.5%)
Sweet Chestnut
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: September 28, 2013, 09:15:40 AM

Author Topic: Poll Weekly Competition 16th - 22nd September 2013. "The Tree"  (Read 2499 times)

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
Poll Weekly Competition 16th - 22nd September 2013. "The Tree"
« on: September 24, 2013, 09:15:40 AM »
Poll Open. Good luck everyone.

Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
Re: Poll Weekly Competition 16th - 22nd September 2013. "The Tree"
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 10:43:43 AM »
Oh Help!!

Poll closed, and I see my"This Old Tree", "Out In The Mist" by Beau Reflets and "The Glade" by Kerbside tying for first place.

First off, thank you to everyone who voted for mine. I really didn't expect it to get anywhere. And congratulations to the joint winners.

Secondly, I guess I win by being first to post. However, I'm very sorry indeed, but I'm afraid I'm just not in a position to set up or administer a challenge for the next couple of weeks. So I hope that as second to post, Andy will accept the winner's duties this time. (If it helps, that was the one I voted for.)

Sorry again, Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 11:15:29 AM »
Oh Help!!

Poll closed, and I see my"This Old Tree", "Out In The Mist" by Beau Reflets and "The Glade" by Kerbside tying for first place.

First off, thank you to everyone who voted for mine. I really didn't expect it to get anywhere. And congratulations to the joint winners.

Secondly, I guess I win by being first to post. However, I'm very sorry indeed, but I'm afraid I'm just not in a position to set up or administer a challenge for the next couple of weeks. So I hope that as second to post, Andy will accept the winner's duties this time. (If it helps, that was the one I voted for.)

Sorry again, Simon

No worries I was praying someone else would win  ;) but yes I will do the necessary.

Thank you to those who voted for my effort  :tup: :beer:

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 07:27:53 PM by Beaux Reflets »
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 06:30:45 PM »
Well done Simon, Beau Reflets, Kerbside.  :tup:

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 08:26:29 PM »
Congratulations Simon, Andy and Jeff.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 07:48:00 AM »
Congratulations to the three deadheaters!

I'm intrigued by the lighting in Andy's image, it got my vote, it had a real sense of creativity and mystery. Where and how was this taken? Looks very middle eastern to me. Almost the sort of picture you see on a box of dates.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 07:49:34 AM by ABERS »

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 07:55:19 AM »

I'm intrigued by the lighting in Andy's image, it got my vote, it had a real sense of creativity and mystery. Where and how was this taken? Looks very middle eastern to me. Almost the sort of picture you see on a box of dates.

So, not a chocolate, but a date box picture!

It grabbed me too, the minute I saw it; very North African, edge of desert type shot. Got my vote as well.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 08:55:13 AM »

Cheers for the votes. I will upload another Cool lit version (which is closer to the light at the time)  The tree grows nearby having been recently dug in on a new development plot, hence the landscape effect with the mist masking the wood of oak and fir beyond. The shot was then simply warmed to give the sense of a hotter locality.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 08:58:05 AM »
Congrats to all the high scorers :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 11:20:51 AM »

Cheers for the votes. I will upload another Cool lit version (which is closer to the light at the time)  The tree grows nearby having been recently dug in on a new development plot, hence the landscape effect with the mist masking the wood of oak and fir beyond. The shot was then simply warmed to give the sense of a hotter locality.

Thanks Andy. The things you can do these days! Take 'hot' holiday shots, on a misty and probably cool day.
Mist is very good at hiding ugly stuff, or maybe I should say distracting stuff.

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 08:07:30 PM »
Well done Simon, Andy and Jeff. Sorry I'm a bit late. Nice entries just lacked in numbers. Thanks to whoever voted for me, much appreciated. I really liked my photo this time, might actually print one and frame it which I never do!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Macro/ Close Up Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 88/2 jinky Last post Today at 04:18:29 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 615405/3947 Jediboy Last post May 29, 2020, 09:04:55 PM
xx MACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for weekly comp 17-24/05/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 176/4 jinky Last post May 29, 2020, 07:08:56 AM
xx MY FAVOURITE ..... CHAT THREAD 25th- 31st May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 155/6 Oldboy Last post May 27, 2020, 12:16:45 AM
xx MACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES for weekly comp 17-24th May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 147/5 jinky Last post May 25, 2020, 06:35:33 PM
xx Photoshop subscription General Discussion 656/23 Jediboy Last post May 25, 2020, 06:35:16 PM
xx MY FAVOURITE ..... ENTRY THREAD 25th- 31st May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 45/0 jinky Last post May 25, 2020, 08:07:47 AM
xx POLL-FLORA MONOCHROME International Weekly Comp Entries 251/2 Beaux Reflets Last post May 23, 2020, 06:37:39 PM