• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 274
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 282
  • Total: 282
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Problem installing Kaspersky Internet 21013 protection

Started by jinky, April 09, 2013, 09:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Given it was cheaper to buy a new disc than renew online I bought a 3 user , phone and tablet packon Amazon. General concensus seemed to be that you could install over existing 2012 version (12.0.0.374 (as listed in control panel list)which had 5 days to run. I installed the disc, it downloaded and then crashed and hung.

On closing down and retsarting I got this message:

I had to restart my computer in safemode and then do a system restore.

Decided to uninstall 2012 and start agin. Did it first using control panel. Uninstalled  and then said had to reboot to complete uninstallation. On reboot I got the same message and again had to reboot in safe mode and restore to use pc.

I tried using a Kasremover tool from Kaspersky website advised as it said control panel not always effective. Same story, reboot and the message.

I am left with Kaspersky 2012 still listed in control panel but no size figures against it suggesting gone and non working shortcuts. Deleted or not. Tried to download the software from Kaspersky site to add my activation code with same result and again on trying the disc.
Basically got the disc but impossible to install. I have no idea what the screen shot image I shot means or what to do about it. Can anyone help? My pc is now unguarded!

Anyone any idea of what it means that I need to do. If I just give up with kaspersky will I be able to put on another virus protector or will this hanging presence of Kaspersky stop it? I`ve posted for help on Kaspersky forum but they are slow I am told. Want to try and sort this out before I go on holiday on Thursday. HELP!!!!

Mick

Quote from: jinky on April 09, 2013, 09:30:01 PM

General concensus seemed to be that you could install over existing 2012 version

Paul, you've probably not seen this then ? http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=67812

Also did you try the second method mentioned here, http://support.kaspersky.com/1464  downloading the said file and running it in safe mode?

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

jinky

Hi
Mick
Yes I saw this after I`d done the first way. Have since tried uninstalling in safe mode using that tool but same effect. PC seemingly un9installs and then has to reboot. When it tries to reboot I get the message on the screen and cannot open normally. Have to go to safe mode and then system restore to get use of pc back again. Really worried now as I`m not protected whilst I seek answers. Everything seems to be there but not kaspersky. I`ve tried downloading it via disk/ kaspersky website all with same reult. Any idea what any of that means on  the screenshot Mick?

Mick

My Gallery

OpenSea

Matthew

Hmmm, looking at that screen shot it looks like a file has been corrupted during the original installation. I use Kaspersky too. Have you got the operating system discs?......Maybe the best option is to back-up your important stuff and re-install the Operating System to clear the issue. Thats what we do on our photobooths if the software becomes corrupt. Sorry if this is a bit lame, maybe Mick has better advice. Anyways, hope you resolve it before Thursday, fingers crossed... :tup:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Oldboy

That screen picture is of a crash dump and gives basic details of how to recover your system. The problen could be caused by a faulty driver or by memory bleed. Try using system restore to put the computer into the state it was in before you downloaded/installed the new software and uninstalled the old version of the software.

You could go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer. Select Windows logs, Applications and check for a critical event that occured at the time of the problem. Double click on the error and it will list details of the error and name the file that caused the problem. Locate the file in explorer and delete it if possible and restart the installation again.  :o

jinky

The Kaspersky forum advised me this

that BSOD refers to the ndis.sys driver which is to do with your network card. When KAV or KIS are installed they replace that file with a Kaspersky filter version. so when you remove KAV/KIS it puts back the file it replaced. see if you can reinstall the network card driver in safe mode via device manager.
I don`t knw what this means, weher to find the network driver or how to find / use the device manager  - feel suddenly thick.

I have tried the system restore Oldboy but every time I try to delete K2012 fully or install 2013 I go through the same processes, can`t reboot except in safe mode system, restore issues to be done.
I am getting this as the event error
Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error
Date:          09/04/2013 19:15:28
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      PbyPD
Description:
Faulting application name: sidebar.exe, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7a1c7
Faulting module name: gadget.dll, version: 12.0.0.374, time stamp: 0x4db474ea
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000a242
Faulting process id: 0xcbc
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce354df9d8359e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2012\x64\gadget.dll
Report Id: 74490eee-a141-11e2-8d26-a4badbf5f0fa
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-04-09T18:15:28.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>50879</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>PbyPD</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>sidebar.exe</Data>
    <Data>6.1.7601.17514</Data>
    <Data>4ce7a1c7</Data>
    <Data>gadget.dll</Data>
    <Data>12.0.0.374</Data>
    <Data>4db474ea</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>000000000000a242</Data>
    <Data>cbc</Data>
    <Data>01ce354df9d8359e</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 2012\x64\gadget.dll</Data>
    <Data>74490eee-a141-11e2-8d26-a4badbf5f0fa</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Obviously down to Kaspersky corrupting something. I`ve now installed free Avast trial so I have something on there and works fine. Don`t know if I can trust free version of this. If I can might just abandon Kspersky as it is making me tear my hiar out. had it for years and never had an issue like this on installation.
Any more bright ideas you whizz kids?

Mick

Quote from: jinky on April 10, 2013, 06:52:34 AM
   The Kaspersky forum advised me this

that BSOD refers to the ndis.sys driver which is to do with your network card. When KAV or KIS are installed they replace that file with a Kaspersky filter version. so when you remove KAV/KIS it puts back the file it replaced. see if you can reinstall the network card driver in safe mode via device manager.
I don`t knw what this means, weher to find the network driver or how to find / use the device manager  - feel suddenly thick.

Actually, I noticed a couple of posts regarding the network card driver. 

If you're using windows 7, then you can get to Device manager via control panel in the start menu.  Control panel > Hardware and sound > device manager.

If you go to the makers website for your PC, you should find the network card driver available for download for your model.

My Gallery

OpenSea

Oldboy

Windows, since XP, includes a firewall and antivirus. You may need to switch off both and then try to install Kaspersky again. It could be gadget.dll, which is a dynamtic link library file, that is causing the problem. DLL files used to cause a load of problems when first introduced but they seem to be better now. It is still possible that the error produced is not pointing at the problem at all but defaulting to that error because it doesn't know what the error is. As you seem to be in an impass it may be better to back-up all your user files, pictures and documents and try a clean install of your operating system brfore trying to load the antivirus again.  :(

Alfonso_Frisk

Also try CCleaner and run it AFTER you uninstall the old version.
It will clean up the unused cookies and registry entries for it enabling (in theory) a clean install of the new version
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

jinky

Thanks all for your ideas. Don`t know what to do really. I have managed to install avast and get my pc working normally. The problems only occur when I try to uninstall what is left of K2012 or install 2013. There still seems to be a remnant of 2012 there as it is in the list of programmes but no memory details next to it. I cannot click on it to fire it up or use shortcuts which are there but inoperative.
I`ve raised a case with Kaspersky and will see what they advise but am not too keen on uninstalling stuff and re-installing as I`ve never done that before. Got the PC from Dell and first thing I had to do was make back up discs but don`t know if I did it right / what to do?

If it works with Avast am I not just best leaving Kaspersky lying - is that driver necessarily corrupted for anything else as it installed Avast Ok.

Probably won`t be on here much for a week now as off to Spain but thanks for efforts and any further comments I`ll be glad to pick up on my return or there if I get internet.

Mick - when I go into devices the only thing I see flagged up is this:

Is this the network driver? Just thinking about it that might be my Aldi pen / tablet which is not connected at the moment. How do I find / install a network driver and how do I know if it needs installing / is corrupted rather than just being a message not necessarily pointing to the issue as Oldboy suggests?

Oldboy

If you click start menu and select help and type Device Manager in the help box it will list all the options for device manager including open. Click on open and it will provide a link to open Device Manager. Once you open Device Manager then select Network Adapters and this will open a window with various tabs at the top. Click on the Driver tab and it will open a window with various options including Update Driver.  :tup:

It is possible that a driver conflict between various devices could cause the problem, but not sure if it's the answer in this case.  :-\

jinky

Thanks. I`m thinking it might be best left be as all is normal with avast installed. I`ll see what Kaspersky say.  Now I`m off to Spain! :)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.