Poll - Doom and GloomEnd of an EraDOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-2...Outdoors - CHAT thread - ...DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 1...POLL - FruitOutdoors - ENTRY thread -...POLL - VehiclesENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp...CHAT-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-...VEHICLES - CHAT thread we...VEHICLES - ENTRY thread w...Poll - PortraitsPortraits - CHAT - Weekly...Portraits - ENTRIES-Weekl...POLL-BIRDS

Author Topic: Mind My Marbles  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
Mind My Marbles
« on: December 17, 2012, 11:17:30 AM »
Mind My Marbles

Compilation
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 05:25:28 PM by Beaux-Reflets »

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Re: Mind My Marbles
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 01:06:41 PM »
Nice one!
Very well done; I often have problems getting a 'clean cut,' when I select something, I want to paste in another shot.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 03:05:20 PM »
Nice one!
Very well done; I often have problems getting a 'clean cut,' when I select something, I want to paste in another shot.

Thank you Reinardina.

While it sounds a long winded way to go, I usually work with Layers and paste in the whole image I will be taking the cutout from as a new layer. Increasing the transparency to enable re-size and positioning of the final 'cutout's' resting place.

Toggling between the Background and Overlay images, I then study and imagine, what effect the light in the Background image (regarding direction, reflection, absorption, shadow etc.) will have upon the object I am inserting and vice verso in the final image.

After any 'pre cut' overall adjustments (for White balance, Light Temperature and Hue) I then cut away in two stages, initially leaving a wide margin suited to the object being inserted. This allows for any blending in (or transparency) work I may desire.

At this point, I also open a new layer/s, onto which I make the adjustments for the local tone colour changes, regarding the direction of light/s, colour reflection and absorption, shadows (as previously imagined). Before doing the final trimming of edges and any necessary stitching in (often done with Gaussian blur applied to the very edge) to knit the scene together as the layers are merged together.

Hope this helps.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 04:52:27 PM »
Thanks for that Andy. I have a lot to learn yet!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Poll - Doom and Gloom International Weekly Comp Entries 156/5 Jediboy Last post Today at 09:30:50 PM
xx End of an Era General Discussion 17/3 Jediboy Last post Today at 09:28:22 PM
xx DOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 203/6 jinky Last post September 22, 2020, 09:54:12 AM
xx Outdoors - CHAT thread - Weekly comp 20/09/20 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 131/4 Oldboy Last post September 22, 2020, 12:03:31 AM
xx DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 135/3 Oldboy Last post September 21, 2020, 11:51:45 PM
xx POLL - Fruit International Weekly Comp Entries 213/4 jinky Last post September 21, 2020, 08:58:04 AM
xx Outdoors - ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 20/09/30 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 49/0 Jediboy Last post September 20, 2020, 12:03:53 PM
xx POLL - Vehicles International Weekly Comp Entries 346/6 Jediboy Last post September 15, 2020, 09:01:03 AM