• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 140
  • Total: 140
  • Bingbot
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT - COLLECTIBLES - Weekly Comp 17-23 December 2012

Started by Hinfrance, December 16, 2012, 10:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

It was stylish, and that atmosphere still lingered when I started cruising in the mid seventies. Also, the passengers you came across in those days, were seasoned ship's passengers, who enjoyed the relaxed shipboard life, knew what the weather could throw at you and that  at sea, nature rules, which might mean changes to scheduled itineraries.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Ah modern day cruising, floating holiday camps for the aged! :legit:

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on December 23, 2012, 08:46:03 AM
Ah modern day cruising, floating holiday camps for the aged! :legit:

If only! I might, just about, be able to cope with that, even though I don't like the holiday camp idea. (Who really wants to go rock climbing or ice skating at sea?) It is however (dare I say it), the younger generations, that can't cope with the enormous amounts of alcohol that are consumed at sea, and the undisciplined behaviour of (some) children and teenagers.

For me, sea travel is about peace and quiet, the gently (or wildly, I love that too!) movement of the ship, the library, the bars and the 'saloons,' and the occasional 'stop off' at a port.

I think I was born hundred years too late!

But now I'd better get on with my competition entry. I did not like my original shot, however hard I tried to 'tart it up,' so I just took a few others. If they don't 'come out,' there will be no entry from me this week.

Reinardina

Finally managed a shot that's not too bad, and which also gave me a lot of pleasure when I used it as the basis for a 'scary doll shot.'

This is my entry:

Hairy Monsters.

And this is the nightmare it has become:

The Curse of the Golls.

Hinfrance

Well, I'm in with some dolls too, although they're not mine I hasten to add . .

Monster High:

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

michaelb104

Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Delamanda

I've got my days in a muddle and intended taking one today, then realised it's Monday and so going with a ship in a bottle from last week.  I don't actually collect them, but I am fascinated by them and if I did collect them, then I would want this in the collection!

jinky

Bit of a rush job snapping in more confined space than I needed when shooting  and then rushing to find a way to use the images today whilst missing out on Christmas eve meal preparations. Well I cannot miss the Christmas week comps can I.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.