MACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for...MACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES...Photoshop subscriptionPOLL-FLORA MONOCHROMEPoll for GLASSGLASS - ENTRY thread - t...CHAT-FLORA MONOCHROME-Wee...ENTRIES-FLORA MONOCHROME-...1Dx Mk3GLASS chat thread - th...POLL DECONSTRUCTEDDeconstructed - ENTRIES 2...Deconstructed - CHAT 26th...POLL for 50:50Canon EF300 F2.8L IS Mk1ENTRIES-50:50-Weekly Comp...

Author Topic: Chat thread for weekly comp: 16th to 22nd July: B&W but not monochrome  (Read 5027 times)

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
Very striking imagery Alan. The lens certainly strikes a chord with the vanishing curves  ;) to create a superb composition. If it was my turn in looking for an IOTW, I think I would struggle to find one to compete  :tup:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:40:32 PM by beauxreflets »
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline irv_b

That's absolutely stunning Abers. Everything is bang on right down to the lady dressed in black :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
Oh Dear!

I mentioned on Monday that I'd already taken a shot within an hour or so of knowing the subject but wouldn't post in in case I got a better opportunity.
This was it.

And of course Reinardina's beaten me to it by entering a similar subject, so I'll need to think again....
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Why? If Alan is not entering, we all stand a chance.
Might end up as the battle of the cows.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline jinky

Great shot Alan. You`ve still got that fisheye going then. Lovely result.

Offline DigiDiva

Why? If Alan is not entering, we all stand a chance.
Might end up as the battle of the cows.

*Zips her mouth up*......haha
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline DigiDiva

OK, this is mine....

Black, White & Read!

« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 10:25:19 AM by DigiDiva »
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
Hard to find something truly White, but for perhaps the highlight caught in the new boots and old Snowy's fur.

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline jinky

Had this one in mind at the weekend when shooting a wedding. Black and white bridal wear and a newspaper - I think it qualifies. Nearly called it black, white and read but saw I`d been beaten to that title.

Had great fun at the wedding but so busy and my bones ached later. Was wearing my new DR1 Black Rapid strap gunslinger style with a camera at each hip. I`m sure I looked a plonker but it did the job and really spread the weight of the gear around me and I did not knock them off the wall once!

Offline Sarasocke

• my flickr
Alan, excellent photo! I sympathize with you carrying your NEX around most of the time, I find myself with my G3 doing the same. I rather like these mirrorless gizmos, could be improved on for running dogs though...

Paul, I'm sure you looked nothing of the sort! After seeing Irv's camera strap in March I ordered a Grand Rapid too. Sent it back though. The D700 + large lense was just too much dangling around my side. I prefer having it in front of me or in my hand. Or I take the G3  :dance:

Anyhoo, my entry for black and white but not monochrome is our little black and white cat, Lucy. Now 17 years old, but still very fit.

Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.

Not a Cattle Battle, but definitely something of a Carnaval des Animaux.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline irv_b

I was a group pin-up girls themed shoot on saturday and quite luckily this girls outfit fitted the bill
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx MACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for weekly comp 17-24/05/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 91/2 Hinfrance Last post May 24, 2020, 02:06:38 PM
xx MACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES for weekly comp 17-24th May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 78/2 Hinfrance Last post May 24, 2020, 02:05:47 PM
xx Photoshop subscription General Discussion 554/21 Hinfrance Last post May 24, 2020, 08:20:21 AM
xx POLL-FLORA MONOCHROME International Weekly Comp Entries 217/2 Beaux Reflets Last post May 23, 2020, 06:37:39 PM
xx Poll for GLASS International Weekly Comp Entries 196/5 Jediboy Last post May 23, 2020, 05:08:21 PM
xx GLASS - ENTRY thread - theme for comp 10-17th May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 182/3 Jediboy Last post May 18, 2020, 12:14:30 PM
xx CHAT-FLORA MONOCHROME-Weekly Comp 3-10/5/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 412/10 Jediboy Last post May 14, 2020, 02:49:44 PM
xx ENTRIES-FLORA MONOCHROME-Weekly Comp 3-10/5/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 289/5 Oldboy Last post May 11, 2020, 12:34:48 PM