Macro/ Close Up PollWhat annoyed you today?MY FAVOURITE ..... CHAT ...MACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES...Photoshop subscriptionMACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for...MY FAVOURITE ..... ENTRY...POLL-FLORA MONOCHROMEPoll for GLASSGLASS - ENTRY thread - t...CHAT-FLORA MONOCHROME-Wee...ENTRIES-FLORA MONOCHROME-...1Dx Mk3GLASS chat thread - th...POLL DECONSTRUCTEDDeconstructed - ENTRIES 2...

Poll

Vote now for weekly cometition. Subject 'Love.'

Love and Devotion

13 (72.2%)
Making Love in the rain

1 (5.6%)
Young Love

1 (5.6%)
Venus and cupid

1 (5.6%)
Head over heels

0 (0%)
The gift of a rose

0 (0%)
Family Love

2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: May 19, 2012, 10:26:18 AM

Author Topic: Entries and POLL thread for weekly competition: Love.  (Read 5488 times)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Re: Entries and POLL thread for weekly competition: Love.
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 03:42:49 PM »
That was a bit of a whitewash, wasn't it. Well done.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 03:55:48 PM »
That was a bit of a whitewash, wasn't it. Well done.

Thank you H. Results like this normally happen to others, and I'm thrilled to bits it happened to me this time!
Have to keep it up now, I suppose ... At least try to.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2012, 03:57:25 PM »
Congratulations Reinardina  :tup:

Thanks Andy!

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2012, 04:11:45 PM »
At least I came second!  :wtf:

Well done Reinardina.  :tup:

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2012, 04:52:17 PM »
At least I came second!  :wtf:

Well done Reinardina.  :tup:

You did OB, and with twice the number of votes as the numbers three!
Thanks for the 'well done.'

Offline michaelb104

• michaelb104
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2012, 11:42:07 PM »
Well done Re!!
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2012, 07:29:11 AM »
Thanks Mike!

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 07:57:46 AM »
Knew this was a winner when I saw it on Flickr, nothing to do with a competition. As I said then, you're getting the hang of it in a big way. Congrats R  :tup:

Offline Graham

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2012, 08:10:05 AM »
  It's just a great pic. I think it's the eye contact between the two that does it.
                 Graham.  :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 08:51:50 AM »
Knew this was a winner when I saw it on Flickr, nothing to do with a competition. As I said then, you're getting the hang of it in a big way. Congrats R  :tup:

Thanks Alan. Your reaction on Flickr was a major boost to my confidence.

It was one of my lucky days. Because of my poor eyesight, I only 'see' things when they're right in front of me, and then I'm often too close to take a photograph.

In this case, man and dog were walking ahead of me. Bit scary really; big man and a dog with a very sturdy collar and chain. Till we all stood and waited for the lights to change, and I saw the dog look up with such an adoring expression on his face, that I knew I had to have that! Of course I was too late.

We continued in the same direction, camera ready to catch the moment, and to my delight, he sat down on a bench and they started their 'conversation.' All my birthdays at once: a (more or less) static subject (and a big one!), oozing tenderness.

It's just a great pic. I think it's the eye contact between the two that does it.

Thank you Graham. It was the utter devotion that attracted my attention.

Offline Graham

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 02:24:34 PM »

It was one of my lucky days. Because of my poor eyesight, I only 'see' things when they're right in front of me, and then I'm often too close to take a photograph.

In this case, man and dog were walking ahead of me. Bit scary really; big man and a dog with a very sturdy collar and chain. Till we all stood and waited for the lights to change, and I saw the dog look up with such an adoring expression on his face, that I knew I had to have that! Of course I was too late.

We continued in the same direction, camera ready to catch the moment, and to my delight, he sat down on a bench and they started their 'conversation.' All my birthdays at once: a (more or less) static subject (and a big one!), oozing tenderness.

That's the secret. Recognising when a pic is about to happen and pursuing it.  :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 02:34:28 PM »
The composition lines, curves and form are cracking too, making the photo really gel into the gem shot  :tup: Now you have got to seek the next one Reinardina  ;D
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline irv_b

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 03:01:54 PM »
Can I add my congrats to a wonderful shot Rei. All that has been said before me, sums it up a treat well done.
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 03:19:58 PM »
You can Irv. And thank you.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2012, 07:35:21 AM »

That's the secret. Recognising when a pic is about to happen and pursuing it.  :tup:

I'm getting better at recognising possible shots, but only if they are within focus range, which, in my case, is more or less under my feet! But I'm lucky to have a photographer friend, and when we're out together occasionally, he acts as a 'spotter.' Makes life a lot easrier.

The composition lines, curves and form are cracking too, making the photo really gel into the gem shot  :tup: Now you have got to seek the next one Reinardina  ;D

That was pure luck Andy. The way things were, I had to shoot from where I stood, and could not really walk round a few times to get the best composition. By the time I finished, the dog was looking at me, and the spell was broken.
And I'm always seeking the next one. Finding it is the problem!

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Macro/ Close Up Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 61/1 Oldboy Last post Today at 02:54:28 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 614857/3940 jinky Last post Today at 02:36:45 PM
xx MY FAVOURITE ..... CHAT THREAD 25th- 31st May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 143/6 Oldboy Last post May 27, 2020, 12:16:45 AM
xx MACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES for weekly comp 17-24th May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 138/5 jinky Last post May 25, 2020, 06:35:33 PM
xx Photoshop subscription General Discussion 640/23 Jediboy Last post May 25, 2020, 06:35:16 PM
xx MACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for weekly comp 17-24/05/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 142/3 Jediboy Last post May 25, 2020, 06:29:24 PM
xx MY FAVOURITE ..... ENTRY THREAD 25th- 31st May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 41/0 jinky Last post May 25, 2020, 08:07:47 AM
xx POLL-FLORA MONOCHROME International Weekly Comp Entries 245/2 Beaux Reflets Last post May 23, 2020, 06:37:39 PM