What made you feel good t...Potato - CHAT 27/06-5/07/...Potato - ENTRIES 27/06-5...POLL-LOUDLOUD-CHAT-Weekly comp 21-...LOUD-ENTRIES-Weekly comp ...Poll for Drawn from Liter...What annoyed you today?Drawn from Literature - E...Drawn from Literature - C...Flash Player EOL and the ...POLL-SPOONSPOON-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp...SPOON-CHAT-Weekly Comp 7-...Poll LIGHT IN SHADE .... ...Drone

Author Topic: Special offers on Adobe products  (Read 2089 times)

Offline krennon

Special offers on Adobe products
« on: November 22, 2011, 10:43:34 PM »
Thought I'd share this with y'll just ordered a copy of elements 10 for £47.56 inc vat....oh and they've got offers on Lightroom as well (sadly out of my price bracket  :'()

http://mail.adobe-direct.com/v?xnTHHqnEcnvnTncvP

Get 40% off Photoshop Elements 10. Buy now | Read online 
 With a deal like this, now's the time to get the tools to easily organise, edit, create and share all your photos. Photoshop Elements 10 – the complete solution for transforming everyday memories into extraordinary photos.
 Or call 0800 0280148 for Adobe Direct Sales.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Offline Oldboy

Re: Special offers on Adobe products
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 11:20:49 PM »
Thanks Keith, but I've got Photoshop CS3.  ;D

Offline Colin

• My Woodturning
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 06:46:35 AM »
On another forum PSE10 is on sale at PC World / Currys at the moment for £29.95 also keep an eye on Amazon for it's Friday deals as it appears on there for that price and also Lightroom was £120 recently.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 08:31:18 AM »
Can't work out the Amazon deals - they send me an email saying x or y is on special offer, I click the link and get a page full of unrelated stuff. If I then search their deals for the offer they specifically mentioned is never there. Life's too short . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 09:18:35 AM »
On another forum PSE10 is on sale at PC World / Currys at the moment for £29.95 also keep an eye on Amazon for it's Friday deals as it appears on there for that price and also Lightroom was £120 recently.

Your right Colin, thanks  :tup: , I just checked it myself, and sure enough it's £29.99   There's also a reserve and collect on that one. so you can use that and walk into store and by it at that price too.  http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/adobe-photoshop-elements-10-11434008-pdt.html
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 06:45:02 PM »
I wonder, could it be a signal that PSE11 won't be long in coming?
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

skellum

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 06:56:16 PM »

Your right Colin, thanks  :tup: , I just checked it myself, and sure enough it's £29.99   There's also a reserve and collect on that one. so you can use that and walk into store and by it at that price too.  http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/adobe-photoshop-elements-10-11434008-pdt.html

Just checked your link Mick and it is £ 54.99 and only licenced for 1 pc. Is that the norm now ?  I bought Lightroom during the summer and have installed it on 2 pc's & my laptop with no problem.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:01:37 PM by Dave »

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 08:28:44 PM »
Hmm, sorry about that guys..  Seriously, I only checked their site this morning after reading Colin's post, and it was defo £29.99   :o
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

picsfor

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 09:20:21 PM »
judging by Scott Kelby's open letter to Adobe last week - i suspect Adobe is changing their pricing strategy to one of grab as much as you can...

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 06:20:49 AM »
judging by Scott Kelby's open letter to Adobe last week - i suspect Adobe is changing their pricing strategy to one of grab as much as you can...

Just read that. It just looks like a slight tweak to their corporate policy of gouging the customer at every turn as they don't really have any competition. For example, they have never supported new variants of RAW files, punters always had to stump up for the latest version of CS even if they didn't want it just to be able to load RAWs from their latest Cankons.

All completely irrelevant to me as even their previous upgrade prices were far more than I would be prepared to pay for the software anyway.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Alfonso_Frisk

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007/
    • My Shipping images
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 09:32:21 AM »

Just read that. It just looks like a slight tweak to their corporate policy of gouging the customer at every turn as they don't really have any competition. For example, they have never supported new variants of RAW files, punters always had to stump up for the latest version of CS even if they didn't want it just to be able to load RAWs from their latest Cankons.

All completely irrelevant to me as even their previous upgrade prices were far more than I would be prepared to pay for the software anyway.

Yup, and they wonder why torrent sites are so popular.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

picsfor

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 02:57:36 PM »
The problem is, Apple already give away iPhoto, which does a lot of peoples needs who use Macs, they are also 'almost giving away' Aperture 3 via the App store - and whilst not perfect, it is serious enough to stop a lot of people paying out for Adobe LR. Paint Shop Pro doesn't get much of a mention, and yet it is till a more than capable image, pic editor, as is the Serif package offered here in comps.

Adobe need to be changing there game or they will end up like MS - missing the boat. I'm not saying MS are dead. but they're made serious mistakes this last few years and are paying a price for it...

Do not see Adobe getting any more from me for Photoshop, though i might go to LR4 if it has a much improved brush tool that is square/ rectangular as opposed to just circular... 

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 590881/3912 Oldboy Last post Today at 01:58:29 PM
xx Potato - CHAT 27/06-5/07/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 198/6 Oldboy Last post July 01, 2020, 11:52:16 AM
xx Potato - ENTRIES 27/06-5/07/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 53/1 jinky Last post June 30, 2020, 07:16:09 PM
question POLL-LOUD International Weekly Comp Entries 84/0 Hinfrance Last post June 30, 2020, 08:29:56 AM
xx LOUD-CHAT-Weekly comp 21-28 June 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 344/8 anglefire Last post June 30, 2020, 05:32:36 AM
xx LOUD-ENTRIES-Weekly comp 21-28 June 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 248/5 Oldboy Last post June 29, 2020, 07:30:53 PM
xx Poll for Drawn from Literature International Weekly Comp Entries 198/6 Hinfrance Last post June 28, 2020, 06:42:20 AM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 623885/3955 Hinfrance Last post June 27, 2020, 10:06:52 AM