DIY CHAT 22-29/11/20Poll -On My WalkCHAT - ON MY WALK 14-22nd...ENTRIES - ON MY WALK 14-2...DIY ENTRIES 22-29/11/20POLL - Medical What made you feel good t...What annoyed you today?International Photographe...Entry thread - MEDICAL - ...Chat Thread - Medical - W...Poll for bonfire Night in...What bemused you today?Bonfire Night in Covid Ti...ENTRIES :Bonfire Night in...Atmospheric - Poll

Author Topic: TRIANGLE - CHAT - Weekly Comp 7-13 Nov 2011  (Read 5973 times)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
TRIANGLE - CHAT - Weekly Comp 7-13 Nov 2011
« on: November 06, 2011, 06:51:36 PM »
CHAT THREAD

This week's topic is TRIANGLE

One or more triangles, right angle, equilateral, isosceles, scalene, whatever you fancy, as the main feature/focus of your entry.

Please post your entries in this thread.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 7th November 2011 to 23:59 Sunday 13th November 2011 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 14th November 2011.
Poll will be up Tuesday 15th November 2011.
Winner to be announced Saturday 19th November 2011.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
Re: TRIANGLE - CHAT - Weekly Comp 7-13 Nov 2011
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 07:55:07 AM »
Out of Nowhere

Well my first stop this morning  :2funny:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 09:54:53 AM by beauxreflets »
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 09:15:29 AM »
Goodness Andy, you're quick off the mark! I haven't even had the time yet to look up "isosceles and scalene" both words I probably know in Dutch, but not like this.

My first thoughts went straight to 'Bermuda Triangle' and Love Triangle,' both difficult to capture.

I'll have to give it some thought, but it's a nice challenge!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 09:25:27 AM »
Don't forget triangular chocolate, triangular cheese, christmas trees (saw one on the UK news yesterday  ???), saw teeth, shelf supports. Ooh there are loads to choose from. :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 09:53:21 AM »
Goodness Andy, you're quick off the mark! I haven't even had the time yet to look up "isosceles and scalene" both words I probably know in Dutch, but not like this.

My first thoughts went straight to 'Bermuda Triangle' and Love Triangle,' both difficult to capture.

I'll have to give it some thought, but it's a nice challenge!

Well having entered a meaningful product shot for Halloween, I thought I ought to be a bit more adventurous this week with another shot in the dark .  :2funny:

As Howard mentions, you will spot triangles almost anywhere.  :beer:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline mondmagu

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 12:29:08 PM »
The possibilities for this are endless.....now let me see........nope cant think of anything! :D :2funny: :'(

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 12:41:46 PM »
Haven't 'set' my eyes to spot triangles yet, but I'm sure, once I start, I won't be able to stop.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 12:45:08 PM »
Don't forget triangular chocolate, triangular cheese, christmas trees (saw one on the UK news yesterday  ???), saw teeth, shelf supports. Ooh there are loads to choose from. :tup:

You should NOT have mentioned chocolate!

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 06:27:48 PM »

You could buy yourself a Toblerone, photograph it and eat it afterwards. A win win situation.  :D

Offline jinky

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 06:58:54 PM »
Just finished a toblerone last night before I saw this. Back home after 3 weeks away so will try and get a shot for this weeks comp as I am woefully out of touch with CC, flickr, facebook and mankind in general ;)

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 07:11:38 PM »

You could buy yourself a Toblerone, photograph it and eat it afterwards. A win win situation.  :D

That's exactly the situation I want to avoid! The high of that win win situation only lasts a few minutes, and then regret and weight gain sets in, and it becomes a lose lose situation.

Offline Sarasocke

• my flickr
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 09:54:40 PM »
What's the saying Reinardina ... "a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips"
I HATE that saying  >:(
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 08:13:51 AM »
What's the saying Reinardina ... "a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips"
I HATE that saying  >:(

I hate it too Carol, especially as I cave in to temptation too often! (Husband has a sweet tooth and does not 'suffer' at all. When I have declined his 'kind' offer of something four or five times, I give in, as I feel sorry for him that I never share ... How stupid can you get?)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 10:24:34 AM »
Just finished a toblerone last night before I saw this. Back home after 3 weeks away so will try and get a shot for this weeks comp as I am woefully out of touch with CC, flickr, facebook and mankind in general ;)

Welcome home Paul. This retirement lark is just like one long holiday to you, isn't it  :tup:

When I made the observation about triangular chocolate I thought of Toblerone, and you eating the props. Those were the days eh? Mind you, nostalgia's not what it used to be  :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 03:48:49 PM »

Welcome home Paul. This retirement lark is just like one long holiday to you, isn't it  :tup:

When I made the observation about triangular chocolate I thought of Toblerone, and you eating the props. Those were the days eh? Mind you, nostalgia's not what it used to be  :)

I remember the days Jinky ate the props, even though I did not have the confidence to enter the competitions in those days. I only started to participate a couple of months before the bomb burst, and the comp was left to its own devices with mainly inexperienced people.

When my husband took early retirement, we too lived it up with a series of longer and shorter holidays. Great times! We had not been married all that long, and, after a month in Barbados, I came home pregnant. (I am quite a bit younger than my husband.) So there we were: young aged pensioners expecting their first child! Daughter had a very booze soaked first few weeks, before I found out, and became teetotal. She does not seem to have suffered though. Rumpunch is possibly quite healthy with all that fruit.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx DIY CHAT 22-29/11/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 196/6 Hinfrance Last post Today at 07:20:01 AM
xx Poll -On My Walk International Weekly Comp Entries 89/0 jinky Last post November 24, 2020, 09:27:26 AM
xx CHAT - ON MY WALK 14-22nd November2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 229/7 anglefire Last post November 22, 2020, 08:07:14 PM
xx ENTRIES - ON MY WALK 14-22/11/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 176/5 anglefire Last post November 22, 2020, 08:05:36 PM
xx DIY ENTRIES 22-29/11/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 18/0 jinky Last post November 22, 2020, 11:11:58 AM
xx POLL - Medical International Weekly Comp Entries 191/4 Hinfrance Last post November 22, 2020, 08:19:37 AM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 627172/3926 Jediboy Last post November 19, 2020, 10:25:13 AM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 663660/3987 anglefire Last post November 19, 2020, 07:21:42 AM