Outdoors - ENTRY thread -...What is it? - CHAT thread...What is it? ENTRY thread ...End of an EraPoll - Doom and GloomDOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-2...Outdoors - CHAT thread - ...DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 1...POLL - FruitPOLL - VehiclesENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp...CHAT-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-...VEHICLES - CHAT thread we...VEHICLES - ENTRY thread w...Poll - PortraitsPortraits - CHAT - Weekly...

Author Topic: Will you be rushing to get one...?  (Read 2142 times)

Offline greypoint

Will you be rushing to get one...?
« on: August 26, 2011, 12:54:55 PM »
http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/24/sony-alpha-a77-hands-on-preview-video/

The evf is, it seems, almost as good as some optical viewfinders  :D 

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Three bodies and some lenses. :) - Sold my 1DMk3
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
Re: Will you be rushing to get one...?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 06:01:32 PM »
Almost, imho is not good enough.

But to answer your question. No, not getting one  :legit:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline krennon

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 06:23:08 PM »
Nope and I'm a Sony user

I want an A580 for the ovf and the 7 fps frame rate that and it feels like a proper camera in the hand unlike the A55 which is TINY (or at least it feels that way in my hands and I haven't got particularly big hands)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Offline Paul Montgomery

• My photography website
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 06:32:59 PM »
No because I've got a camera I like already...

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 06:36:08 PM »
I'll be paying for my K5 for a while yet, so 'fraid not Sony.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline greypoint

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 07:05:19 PM »
Just wondering if the next announcement will be from Nikon saying the new 24mp D400 is on the way - as they use Sony sensors. I can't help thinking this is technology that's got a way to go before it's reached a stage where it makes sense to buy into it. People who use DSLRs tend to use them because they like the way they operate and handle as well as all the other advantages of lenses etc. I'm sure there's bound to come a time when something totally different takes over but all the new cameras released over the past 2 or 3 years seem to have offered a few minor tweaks together with a lot of 'must have' features that many never use. 

Offline spinner

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 11:49:26 PM »
Despite owning a D200, I still grab my 6 mp D50. Still an excellent camera.
Can't see buying a new camera until the others break. Despite being a bit of a technophile none of the new features are compelling.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 06:48:38 PM »
I bought an NEX3 last Christmas, I didn't know it hasn't got a mirror. I'm going to ask for some money back if that's the case! :uglystupid2:

Great little camera though, just the thing to wander round the streets with. I can't remember using the DSLR at all this year, but I'm worried about this missing mirror business! :legit:

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 09:23:09 PM »
I bought an NEX3 last Christmas, I didn't know it hasn't got a mirror. I'm going to ask for some money back if that's the case! :uglystupid2:

Great little camera though, just the thing to wander round the streets with. I can't remember using the DSLR at all this year, but I'm worried about this missing mirror business! :legit:

You could use the ladies toilets, as they always have a mirror in there!  :uglystupid2: :legit:

Offline .

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 04:32:18 AM »
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-09-07/canon-clinging-to-mirrors-means-opportunity-for-sony-cameras.html
Hmm. Bloomberg need to do some research. Canon might still be stinging after their Pelix series.

EVF finders might alleviate the poor light levels reported by users of the fixed mirror systems, but they don't give the resolution that normal optical viewfinders offer.

Thinking about it, so what... really? Sony have produced a system that's different to the rest. Good for them. I suspected they'd be the technology innovators, when they bought Kyocera/Minolta out, way back when.

... if only Minolta were still around... if only to see what could've been. :(

I've got a Leica Standard that has no mirror at all. It still delivers results. ;)

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Outdoors - ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 20/09/30 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 128/4 Oldboy Last post Today at 10:02:45 AM
xx What is it? - CHAT thread - Weekly Comp 26/09/2020 - 04/10/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 14/0 Jediboy Last post September 27, 2020, 07:20:03 PM
xx What is it? ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 26/09/2020 - 04/10/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 11/0 Jediboy Last post September 27, 2020, 07:17:48 PM
xx End of an Era General Discussion 108/6 anglefire Last post September 27, 2020, 02:28:15 PM
xx Poll - Doom and Gloom International Weekly Comp Entries 184/5 Jediboy Last post September 26, 2020, 09:30:50 PM
xx DOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 217/6 jinky Last post September 22, 2020, 09:54:12 AM
xx Outdoors - CHAT thread - Weekly comp 20/09/20 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 142/4 Oldboy Last post September 22, 2020, 12:03:31 AM
xx DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 142/3 Oldboy Last post September 21, 2020, 11:51:45 PM