Poll - Doom and GloomDOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-2...Outdoors - CHAT thread - ...DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 1...POLL - FruitOutdoors - ENTRY thread -...POLL - VehiclesENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp...CHAT-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-...VEHICLES - CHAT thread we...VEHICLES - ENTRY thread w...Poll - PortraitsPortraits - CHAT - Weekly...Portraits - ENTRIES-Weekl...POLL-BIRDSWhat annoyed you today?

Author Topic: Google (stolen) Image Search found 37 of mine  (Read 7555 times)

Offline Oldboy

Re: Google (stolen) Image Search found 37 of mine
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2011, 11:39:05 AM »
Just tried an image on both Tiny and Google, Tiny returned nothing whilst Google returned this?

Those other images are mine on flickr? The first image is the test image which had been used by another site with my permission but neither returned a hit.  ???
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 11:42:42 AM by Oldboy »

Offline greypoint

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2011, 04:36:57 PM »
I know I've got of my dog pics on sites all over the place - some with permission, some I found out about when they were linked to flickr and clicked on. Tested a few that I know are on other sites but only got a couple of positives.

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2011, 09:58:15 PM »
Keep looking OB, sure youll find some unauthorised use

Yeah GP, its finding the  unauthorised use, I darent try any more of mine yet, its gonna take me a week to collate evidence personalize each letter, and send all the invoices  :dance: / evidence,( screnshots, download pages, for further evidence, Ive sent 3 off now. then I'll check the rest

funny I dont seem to get replies on forums for my shots but so many have been nicked lots which I have posted not just on here but other tog forums, I cant understand it they are wanted by peps, so why do I not get comments, doesnt equate (inserts: "thinking smley",  if we had one on here, but we aint)

Ive been out togging todyt we went to Ladybower Reservoir,  Sheffield, unfortunately it was dry

Got some fab shots in Sheffield itself may post a few later

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Offline jinky

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011, 08:53:40 AM »
Maybe you need to be more selective where you post Dave - especially if you can tell the source of the theft. I am guessing your invoices are being met with them taking them down rather than a payment. I post less and less on flickr etc and it is always small files but don`t like to put a watermark on.

Offline rksmith51

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2011, 09:58:03 AM »
I started posting small size to Flickr a long time ago and it does help stop them being copied, the down side is that folks can't see them at thier best. I did find a few though even at 1024*768.
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2011, 11:05:54 AM »
Maybe you need to be more selective where you post Dave - especially if you can tell the source of the theft. I am guessing your invoices are being met with them taking them down rather than a payment. I post less and less on flickr etc and it is always small files but don`t like to put a watermark on.

They will probably take them down but, will still have to pay up for unauthorised use, as they have used the images in the first place

I started posting small size to Flickr a long time ago and it does help stop them being copied, the down side is that folks can't see them at thier best. I did find a few though even at 1024*768.

Yes I normally post shots at 800px on the long side, and at medium res
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2011, 05:18:25 PM »
Yeah I'm not certain this is as bullet proof as it seems.

I dropped this image into the search.

Flower.  Girl. by Jonathan Ryan, on Flickr

That's been up on Flickr for a week and I'd be amazed if it hasn't been "borrowed" somewhere by now.

Here's what Google said.

First 3 are the image itself on Flickr then there's a picture of a cow that isn't mine.  Couple more are mine and one is of me.  Looking closely it looks like Google is searching on the tags which would get stripped if somebody grabbed it from Flickr in most obvious ways.

Re the unauthorised use invoice......this really annoys me.  A company can either pay for the image or use it illegally, hope they don't get an invoice and if they do just take it down.  Copyright has become a joke.  [FWIW you are not allowed to add any extra cost to the invoice because they didn't ask - you really aren't]

As for comments on pics....we all know that has nothing to do with how good an image is, right?
It's Guest's round

Offline rksmith51

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2011, 07:06:11 PM »
Jonathan, I thought it would a good experiment to put one of your images on my flickr and see if it tracked it. When I opened your image I was not allowed to download it as you have restricted access to it ( Well done ) so the best I could have done would be a screen shot.
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2011, 07:52:33 PM »
Hi Johnathon

I found your image on a dvd forum it does credit you though http://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/592157-rule-34-random-picture-post-thread-8.html
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:54:17 PM by Just Dave »

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Poll - Doom and Gloom International Weekly Comp Entries 27/0 jinky Last post September 22, 2020, 09:57:50 AM
xx DOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 181/6 jinky Last post September 22, 2020, 09:54:12 AM
xx Outdoors - CHAT thread - Weekly comp 20/09/20 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 114/4 Oldboy Last post September 22, 2020, 12:03:31 AM
xx DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 119/3 Oldboy Last post September 21, 2020, 11:51:45 PM
xx POLL - Fruit International Weekly Comp Entries 200/4 jinky Last post September 21, 2020, 08:58:04 AM
xx Outdoors - ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 20/09/30 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 41/0 Jediboy Last post September 20, 2020, 12:03:53 PM
xx POLL - Vehicles International Weekly Comp Entries 331/6 Jediboy Last post September 15, 2020, 09:01:03 AM
xx ENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-13/9/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 191/3 Oldboy Last post September 14, 2020, 09:47:33 PM