• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 32
  • Total: 32
  • Google
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

dog shots

Started by irv_b, February 11, 2011, 05:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irv_b

I heard this guy on the radio the other night talking about how he shoots his dog photos so decided to checkout the shots
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1348734/Pet-portraits-Photographer-Paul-Walkers-award-winning-dog-photos.html
I think he dedicates a lot of time to each session more time than I have to take shots of my dog :)
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

rksmith51

Great link Irv, he would have an assistant too I bet. I know how frustrsting it can be to get Hermie to do anything. The shot of the Staffie is brilliant.

Bob
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Sandy

Thanks for the link. There are some lovely photos there and I have had a couple of good scores at camera club with dogs

Sandy

Zenmer

Lovely pictures, except the last one isn't Vizlas it's Germn Shorthaired Pointers  :doh:
Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe

Sarasocke

Yepp, I think they're German all right  :) And the Jack Russell looks more like a border terrier to me  ;)

Good shots though, although some of them look as though the background was added as an afterthought, especially the whippets and the Westies. The first photo of the boy in the tree is great!
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

irv_b

Quote from: Zenmer on February 12, 2011, 04:25:02 AM
Lovely pictures, except the last one isn't Vizlas it's Germn Shorthaired Pointers  :doh:
yeah someone pointed that out in the comments  :)
Carol on the radio he said that all the shots are done on location, he isn't into studio work for his dog shot, he prefers them in a more natural setting!
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Sarasocke

The effect just looks a little odd somehow, sort of like the old films you see where the actors are standing in front of a backdrop instead of real countryside. The subject is kind of detached.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.