MY FAVOURITE ..... CHAT ...Macro/ Close Up PollMACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES...Photoshop subscriptionMACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for...MY FAVOURITE ..... ENTRY...POLL-FLORA MONOCHROMEPoll for GLASSGLASS - ENTRY thread - t...CHAT-FLORA MONOCHROME-Wee...ENTRIES-FLORA MONOCHROME-...1Dx Mk3GLASS chat thread - th...POLL DECONSTRUCTEDDeconstructed - ENTRIES 2...Deconstructed - CHAT 26th...

Author Topic: How to remove sensor dirt on image in PSE8  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Andy Price

How to remove sensor dirt on image in PSE8
« on: July 07, 2010, 10:32:10 PM »
Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me the best way to remove what appears to be sensor dirt spots from images in PSE8????:-\

Also how do I put a watermark on images that I am having printed??? :2funny:

I am still finding my way round PSE8 so I might be missing something very obvious or simple.

Andy

Andy

Life is a series of pictures waiting to be taken.

skellum

Re: How to remove sensor dirt on image in PSE8
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 01:07:03 PM »
Go to the Full Edit Screen and on the left is the tools. The seventh one down next to the red eye removal tool is the Spot healing Tool. Next zoom in on the dust spot and gently move the tool around to remove it. Once zoomed in the tool will look very big so adjust it with the slider at the top left to suit. Its something you will have to practice with to get it right...... :legit:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 01:11:43 PM by Dave »

Offline Andy Price

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 08:30:07 PM »
Thanks Dave

I will give it a try. It is annoying as I haven't been able to determine whether the marks are actually on one of the lenses or on the sensor. I have been so busy I haven't had time to carryout a check with other lenses.

At least now I should be able to remove then from the pics. :beer:

Andy

Offline Graham

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 09:17:48 PM »
  Hi Andy.
             If they'er clearly defined then they will be on your sensor. However they may be less/more obvious from lens to lens.
             You will only really see them on a clear background like sky or a white wall.
             The more you stop down, ie bigger number= smaller hole the more clearly they will appear.
                               Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline krennon

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 08:29:39 AM »
And if you can still find a copy of this weeks Amateur Photographer, they have a round up of sensor/lens cleaning equipment in there very useful...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Offline Andy Price

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 08:16:33 PM »
Thanks everyone for your help.

The dirt marks are the sensor and I can either clean it myself or pay £50 for a one hour service at Camera World ::)

Does anyone know how to put a copyright watermark on pics. I have been requested to supply some sample pics for some people to view and I thought putting a name & copyright might be a sensible move.

Andy

picsfor

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 10:52:56 PM »
Does anyone know how to put a copyright watermark on pics. I have been requested to supply some sample pics for some people to view and I thought putting a name & copyright might be a sensible move.

Can't help with PSE8 - LR3 is about as easy as you could get it though...

Offline Andy Price

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 08:38:58 PM »

One more question when saving images in PSE8 after they have been edited and cropped to jpeg what quality setting should I use max or the default level of 8 in order to prevent reduction in resolution????

Andy
Andy

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 08:44:23 PM »

One more question when saving images in PSE8 after they have been edited and cropped to jpeg what quality setting should I use max or the default level of 8 in order to prevent reduction in resolution????

Andy

Always use maximum which is 12 for best resolution.  ;D

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 08:37:48 AM »
Jpeg saving quality has nothing to do with resolution.  It has to do with artifacting and quality.

Imagine your file is printed on a sheet of paper.  Saving as a jpeg screws the paper up.  When you open it you smooth it out.  The higher the ocmpression (lower quality number) the tighter you screw the ball.

I always use 10 (out of 12).  Significantly smaller files with no obvious loss in quality.
It's Guest's round

Offline Andy Price

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 05:35:36 PM »

Its great to know that there is always help to solve those little photo shooting and post processing problems.

Thanks again.
Andy

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx MY FAVOURITE ..... CHAT THREAD 25th- 31st May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 108/6 Oldboy Last post Today at 12:16:45 AM
xx Macro/ Close Up Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 45/0 jinky Last post May 26, 2020, 03:44:30 PM
xx MACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES for weekly comp 17-24th May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 132/5 jinky Last post May 25, 2020, 06:35:33 PM
xx Photoshop subscription General Discussion 630/23 Jediboy Last post May 25, 2020, 06:35:16 PM
xx MACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for weekly comp 17-24/05/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 139/3 Jediboy Last post May 25, 2020, 06:29:24 PM
xx MY FAVOURITE ..... ENTRY THREAD 25th- 31st May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 38/0 jinky Last post May 25, 2020, 08:07:47 AM
xx POLL-FLORA MONOCHROME International Weekly Comp Entries 238/2 Beaux Reflets Last post May 23, 2020, 06:37:39 PM
xx Poll for GLASS International Weekly Comp Entries 216/5 Jediboy Last post May 23, 2020, 05:08:21 PM