Poll - Doom and GloomDOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-2...Outdoors - CHAT thread - ...DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 1...POLL - FruitOutdoors - ENTRY thread -...POLL - VehiclesENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp...CHAT-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-...VEHICLES - CHAT thread we...VEHICLES - ENTRY thread w...Poll - PortraitsPortraits - CHAT - Weekly...Portraits - ENTRIES-Weekl...POLL-BIRDSWhat annoyed you today?

Author Topic: Expertshield screen protector  (Read 2703 times)

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
Expertshield screen protector
« on: July 18, 2011, 08:42:38 AM »
I'm pretty hard on my kit and generally cosmetic damage doesn't bother me.  However I'm taking a consumer level compact to Peru with me and I'd rather it wasn't ruined while I was there.  So I checked out a screen protector from Expertshield. (http://www.expertshielduk.com/).

5 word review: best screen protector I've used.

Longer review.....

Delivery: quick and painless.  Paid online at 5pm Thursday and it arrived in the post Saturday.  I bet if I'd ordered a few hours earlier it would have arrived next day.

Packing and instructions: great.  Protected by film in a plastic bag in envelope with screen cloth and plenty of instructions.  Packaging protected it but wasn't excessive.

Fitting: surprisingly easy. 3 - 4 mins to clean screen thoroughly (I used the supplied cloth plus a drop of Eclipse and a PecPad), 2 mins to fit.  Perfect fit and no bubbles at all.  (By comparison it took me 45 mins to fit an Invisishield to an iPad but that's a much bigger screen).  Apparently it comes off without residue though that will probably ruin the protector so I won't try.

Clarity: perfect.  Absolutely perfect - I literally can't tell it's on the camera unless I look closely at the edges.

Protection: screen picks up fewer fingers prints than without the protector.  Not tried the scratch resistance yet :) but I saw a video of it with a belt sander and it looks pretty tough http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfkI5IgbbOQ

Seems like a really good buy.  Cost about £7 with postage.

It's Guest's round

Offline Colin

• My Woodturning
Re: Expertshield screen protector
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 09:25:03 AM »
Johnathon, sounds like a good bit of kit. I have found that RainX (the stuff for car windscreens) works really well for keeping finger marks off LCD screens, I use it on my Android tablet and iPhone as well as my DSLR screen.

Offline Markulous

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 04:09:21 PM »
I use GGS glass screens for my cameras (not that Expertshield has my cameras anyway: 7D, G11, SD14) but I'm happy to try out on my Desire (to replace the bubble strewn POS protector I currently use!). I understand that if it doesn't turn up tomorrow or I don't like it, you'll happily refund me the money, Jonathan!   8)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 05:56:56 PM »
Well of course.  You can have all the money you paid me back :)
It's Guest's round

Offline Markulous

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 07:55:40 PM »
LOL! Well, they claim it's shipped!  :tup:
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Poll - Doom and Gloom International Weekly Comp Entries 89/1 Oldboy Last post Today at 12:10:01 AM
xx DOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 194/6 jinky Last post September 22, 2020, 09:54:12 AM
xx Outdoors - CHAT thread - Weekly comp 20/09/20 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 127/4 Oldboy Last post September 22, 2020, 12:03:31 AM
xx DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 129/3 Oldboy Last post September 21, 2020, 11:51:45 PM
xx POLL - Fruit International Weekly Comp Entries 208/4 jinky Last post September 21, 2020, 08:58:04 AM
xx Outdoors - ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 20/09/30 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 47/0 Jediboy Last post September 20, 2020, 12:03:53 PM
xx POLL - Vehicles International Weekly Comp Entries 342/6 Jediboy Last post September 15, 2020, 09:01:03 AM
xx ENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-13/9/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 199/3 Oldboy Last post September 14, 2020, 09:47:33 PM