Poll - Doom and GloomDOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-2...Outdoors - CHAT thread - ...DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 1...POLL - FruitOutdoors - ENTRY thread -...POLL - VehiclesENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp...CHAT-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-...VEHICLES - CHAT thread we...VEHICLES - ENTRY thread w...Poll - PortraitsPortraits - CHAT - Weekly...Portraits - ENTRIES-Weekl...POLL-BIRDSWhat annoyed you today?

Author Topic: Places of interest ( Steam Train Pictures )  (Read 2034 times)

skellum

Places of interest ( Steam Train Pictures )
« on: August 11, 2009, 04:25:46 PM »

If anyone is interested in taking Steam Train pictures here is a link to all that are running nationally at the moment. www.uksteam.info

The time tables are handy for seeing what is running in your area and ( using your local knowledge ) where to get the best shots from.
You will meet the odd enthusiast or two armed with their expert knowledge and video cameras but they are a harmless bunch. :legit:  
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 04:54:11 PM by skellum ( Dave ) »

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Three bodies and some lenses. :) - Sold my 1DMk3
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
Re: Places of interest ( Steam Train Pictures )
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 10:18:44 PM »
Theres the Shakespear run this coming Sunday. Thanks for the infor!! I'll see if I can't get out!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Sandy

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 07:16:29 AM »
Hi

Thanks for the link, I love steam train and in Kent we have the Bluebell line and the little trains at Dymchurch. On a recent holiday I had a night on double decker train the Empire Builder and it was a great experience.

Sandy

Offline Steve9091

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 10:52:47 PM »
The Watercress Line in Hampshire is good, go on one of there special days like war on the Line. In Dorset the Swanage Railway stopping off in Corfe for a walk around the castle is a must.

Offline krennon

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 08:59:10 PM »
Agree about Swanage we were there for the bank holiday at the start of the month, and did the Swanage to Corfe trip and thoroughly enjoyed it. Corfe is worth a walk round, but avoided going into the castle itself (got better shots from the steam train) Off to Kent this coming weekend, doing Port Lympne for the Gorillas and planning on going to Leeds Castle and Rye, but may well try and cram in a trip on the Dymchurch Line..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 07:49:16 AM »
If you're into steam trains and taking pics of people then you may be interested in a meet the Essex Strobists have coming up.  It's planned for here http://www.colnevalleyrailway.co.uk/ on 6th June.

Still in the planning stage and if they can't get more photographers it won't go ahead but should be a good day out.

[Note: there will be no steam.  It's too expensive.  People are openly talking about smoke machines....  They are also talking about tying people to the tracks though.]

Details here - http://www.flickr.com/groups/essexstrobists/discuss/72157623942932898/ - you'll have to be a member of Essex Strobists to see that but if you're near then it's worth joining anyway.  Good bunch of people.
It's Guest's round

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 08:35:25 AM »
OK, the venue messed up - the Colne Valley meet is on SATURDAY 5th JUNE (not Sunday 6th).

It's going to be very cool - full access to station, carriages and loco.  Lots of models coming to drape themselves attractively across the tracks....

Shout me if you're interested.

Some snaps from the last couple of Essex Strobists outings..... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonathanryan/tags/essexstrobistmeetup/
It's Guest's round

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Poll - Doom and Gloom International Weekly Comp Entries 67/1 Oldboy Last post Today at 12:10:01 AM
xx DOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 191/6 jinky Last post September 22, 2020, 09:54:12 AM
xx Outdoors - CHAT thread - Weekly comp 20/09/20 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 127/4 Oldboy Last post September 22, 2020, 12:03:31 AM
xx DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 129/3 Oldboy Last post September 21, 2020, 11:51:45 PM
xx POLL - Fruit International Weekly Comp Entries 208/4 jinky Last post September 21, 2020, 08:58:04 AM
xx Outdoors - ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 20/09/30 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 47/0 Jediboy Last post September 20, 2020, 12:03:53 PM
xx POLL - Vehicles International Weekly Comp Entries 342/6 Jediboy Last post September 15, 2020, 09:01:03 AM
xx ENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-13/9/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 199/3 Oldboy Last post September 14, 2020, 09:47:33 PM