• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 134
  • Total: 134
  • Google
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

See Irv smooth talking models...

Started by Jonathan, April 21, 2010, 08:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

OK.  I did a behind the scenes video a few weeks ago and got some great feedback.
You told me you wanted
1. More technical details
2. More interaction with models
3. Better sound
4. Shots interspersed throughout the video
5. More beautiful ladies in posh frocks
6. Fewer "erms"

So I listened to them all.  Apart from number 6.

See what you think.  (And yes I know I sound bored for about the first 30 seconds - there are good technical reasons for that.)

http://peoplebyryan.com/fashion/behind-the-scenes-location-fashion
It's Guest's round

SimonW

A wonderful video, and plenty of helpful photography hints too. Thank you.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Simple

Liked it so much better than the first one. Left a comment. :tup:

Alfonso_Frisk

Super video and informative. Very good job and the shots are amazing.
RR
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Eileen

I also liked this much better that the last. It was more interesting and engaging and I felt the time just whizzed by. You got some great pictures from the shoot. I will certainly watch it again. If I was being super-picky I'd suggest that next time you could sharpen up the opening sequence a little more (e.g. light yourself better, change the shooting angle, maybe include a little more of the background for context and interest). I hope that you make many more as they are very worth watching.  ;D

hevans

:tup: :tup:

Excellent! gave a very good impression of the day, was informative and entertaining.

Only downside, not enough of Irv.  :D

H.

Jonathan

Thanks everyone :)

@Eileen - yeah I'm pretty unhappy with the start.  I cringe every time I see it.  We recorded that at the end of a very long day.  I had to redub nearly all the audio because I sounded really bored (when in fact I was tired).  And yeah the lighting should have been a lot better.  We'd have reshot but needed to blend with Rebecca's bit.

Next time it will be better ;)
It's Guest's round

picsfor

OK, first off - great video, huge improvement over the last one.
Oddly enough i was listening for the um's but actually very few around.
Nicely story boarded leading you from beginning to end whilst keeping you interested through out.

As i watched it i was minded of the Harold Wood shoot and watching you at work there. Important lesson - building the rapport with the subjects (clients, models etc)
The techie info was nicely put across without being too techie in its language or condescending to the newcomers.
Did Irv get enough air time? Definitely - and i think Irv will be pleased to have a copy of this for his collection.
I have no doubt that Irv learned sooo much that day and his photography will reach new heights.
The intro - why harp on about something that has already been discussed, but then if that is all we have to criticise - then you've clearly got it right  :tup: :tup: :tup:

I have a few people i will e-mail the link to who are not members of this site, because i think they will find it useful.
Had i not done Harold Wood, i would have found enormously useful. Pity it wasn't available before  :-\

Look forward to the next one.

Sandy

Enjoyed the video, it was great thanks

Sandy

anglefire

I enjoyed this one - and have left a comment on your page.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

ABERS

Irv obviously had one of those subliminal roles! ;)

irv_b

Hey!  fame at last anyone who wants my autograph before I start selling them had better ask now  ;D

Seriously, a great improvement in the way the video was put together, Jonathan. With the pics inserted at the relevant times and the commentary flowing smoothly it's a great reminder of how you work.
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Bigbill

Hewwo from Summery Sheffy,

Only just seen this stuff,and very impressive it is !
Lots of cruddy Dvds out there,this stuff,fresh and breezey, is well worth the effort.
Nice one JR and Irv,,,,
More please !

Shine On !!

Anybody know anything about League 1 ????

ABERS

Quote from: Bigbill on April 25, 2010, 07:09:53 PM
Hewwo from Summery Sheffy,

Anybody know anything about League 1 ????

Well Bill you won't see too many Prima Donnas throwing themselves to the ground every time somebody touches them! Mind you perhaps Wycombe Wanderers should have done just that this season now they're off to Div 2! ::)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.