• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 113
  • Total: 113
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Has anyone bought from these?

Started by stevebedder, December 26, 2009, 05:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevebedder

Hi

Was just wondering if anyone had purchased anything from these guys on ebay before:

http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Hong-Kong-Supplies__W0QQ_armrsZ1

They have a Phottix battery grip thats had some great reviews and is half the price of the Canon version!

They look like they have had some good positive feedback from those that have used them before, just wodered if anyone on here had any experience of them?

Cheers

Steve

anglefire

I've not bought from them, but they are probably ok. Thing is what have you to loose? As long as you use credit card or paypal you would get most back. Actually CC would only be good for over £100.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Malcolm1938

Not as Hong Kong supplies but as Etefore. Good service and product at a fair price - so should be OK as HK Supplies....

FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

stevebedder

Thanks  :tup:

I've just ordered the battery grip so will let you know how things go.

Cheers

Steve

stevebedder

Just to close this off, as I said I would do.

After just 10 short days I took delivery of the Phottix battery grip today and so far I am more than happy with it!

For £45 incl P&P it's an absolute bargain, especially as it's a third of the cost of the Canon version.

It is well made, feels very sturdy and fits the camera very well. The vertical controls do exactly what they say they do without any 'lag' (I always expect add-on controls to lag slightly for some reason ???)

Cheers  :tup:

Steve

Hinfrance

Steve, I checked this out after your original post, and I ordered one for my Pentax bodies a couple of days ago, so I'm glad to hear that the Canon version is a good product.

So I guess mine will arrive in a week or so, and I'll add my thoughts on the Pentax version then.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.