Macro/ Close Up PollWhat annoyed you today?MY FAVOURITE ..... CHAT ...MACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES...Photoshop subscriptionMACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for...MY FAVOURITE ..... ENTRY...POLL-FLORA MONOCHROMEPoll for GLASSGLASS - ENTRY thread - t...CHAT-FLORA MONOCHROME-Wee...ENTRIES-FLORA MONOCHROME-...1Dx Mk3GLASS chat thread - th...POLL DECONSTRUCTEDDeconstructed - ENTRIES 2...

Author Topic: Today's the day!  (Read 4586 times)

picsfor

Re: Today's the day!
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2009, 07:01:03 PM »
Looks like it's happening all over again! ::)

http://www.photoradar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8754#post8754
I didn't know whether to post this in Joke of the Day, but look who's got in to the act now. :o
It's a sad day when you have to agree with him over something - especially something involving the judging pictures.

Offline Graham

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2009, 06:33:52 AM »

I didn't know whether to post this in Joke of the Day, but look who's got in to the act now. :o
It's a sad day when you have to agree with him over something - especially something involving the judging pictures.

"We have had enough scandals regarding "cheats" in other walks of life - sport/politics etc etc "
         Oh the irony!  :2funny:
                                                        Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline greypoint

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2009, 12:40:13 PM »
Just watched the video of the exhibition and some input from the winners - mostly unpretentious!

Offline Forseti

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2009, 01:48:31 PM »
Just watched the video of the exhibition and some input from the winners

Well lucky you.  :2funny: When I press the play button all I get is a black video screen with a white rotating circle in the middle and that's it - nothing more no matter how long I wait.   >:(  I've tried turning off add blocker from my security suite (Kaspersky) without it making any difference whatsoever and that's as far as I'm prepared to go in attempting to watch this video. I can't for the life of me understand why I'm expected to play around with various security suite settings as well as IE settings (as PR once suggested) just to get their videos to work. Although me and others seem to have difficulty in watching PR videos whilst with other sites there is no problem, PR just carry on believing the fault lies with everyone else apart from themselves. I suppose one could say that it's pretty naive of me believing that they'd get this aspect (videos) right when nothing else that they organise runs smoothly.
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

Offline Alfonso_Frisk

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007/
    • My Shipping images
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2009, 02:28:44 PM »
I had to turn it off 3 mins in due to falling asleep.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

picsfor

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2009, 04:43:26 PM »
Just watched the video of the exhibition and some input from the winners
Well lucky you. 
I'm still on my subscription for another couple of months and got the new edition of DC Mag through the door this morning. It had all of the winning entries contained within it. Actually that's about all they did have - oh yes they had a review comparing the 7D with a D300s (I'm gonna let you guess which one was editors choice  :-X) and a feature on how to use your DSLR. It is the quickest i have ever looked through a magazine. :beer: I'm not even gonna leave it in the hospital waiting room tomorrow morning because it might push some manic depressive over the top. I don't want that on my conscience.  :tup:

Anyway - generally speaking - whilst there are without doubt some great entries and deserving prize winners, about half of the winners or runners up etc were actually no better than i've seen on this site from some of our more notable togs.

Offline top totty

• CC Regular visitor
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2009, 05:54:07 PM »

"We have had enough scandals regarding "cheats" in other walks of life - sport/politics etc etc "
         Oh the irony!  :2funny:
                                                        Graham. :)

I hope his bums on fire, the liar, said he didn't enter......he so did I saw at least two of his holiday snaps.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Macro/ Close Up Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 62/1 Oldboy Last post Today at 02:54:28 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 614861/3940 jinky Last post Today at 02:36:45 PM
xx MY FAVOURITE ..... CHAT THREAD 25th- 31st May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 143/6 Oldboy Last post May 27, 2020, 12:16:45 AM
xx MACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES for weekly comp 17-24th May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 138/5 jinky Last post May 25, 2020, 06:35:33 PM
xx Photoshop subscription General Discussion 640/23 Jediboy Last post May 25, 2020, 06:35:16 PM
xx MACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for weekly comp 17-24/05/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 142/3 Jediboy Last post May 25, 2020, 06:29:24 PM
xx MY FAVOURITE ..... ENTRY THREAD 25th- 31st May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 41/0 jinky Last post May 25, 2020, 08:07:47 AM
xx POLL-FLORA MONOCHROME International Weekly Comp Entries 245/2 Beaux Reflets Last post May 23, 2020, 06:37:39 PM