Hewwo from Grey Sheffy,
Now then,i,m used to cleaning inside my cameras,thing is,ive been using them a lot lately under heavy tree cover,watching Badgers and photographing streams and brooks,and the bodies seem to have attracted a covering of some sort of sticky resin,,,,,i,m unsure as to what to use to remove it,,,,,and thoughts please ??
Shine On
A damp cloth that has been in warm soapy water should do the trick. You could also use lens cleaning fluid on the LCD screen and viewfinder. :tup:
Hewwo from Sultry Sheffy.
Cheers Old Un,,,,,,wasnt too sure about using stuff around the D300 body,only ever bothered worrying about the inside !!
Shine On
There was a chap on the Olympus forum on dpreview who used to shoot some kind of car races/rally in the desert with his E-1. When he returned home it was caked in sand and crud - he swore by an electric toothbrush to clean it :2funny: There are also pics there of E-1s being cleaned under a tap - not sure I'd recommend that tho'!
They did rinse a few E-3s under the tap on their official launch but not something I would recommend for the D300.
If warm soapy water doesn't do it you could try kitchen cleaner. I would suggest you dilute it though and test it first to make sure it doesn't damage the plastics
Quote from: greypoint on August 22, 2009, 10:24:48 PM
There was a chap on the Olympus forum on dpreview who used to shoot some kind of car races/rally in the desert with his E-1. When he returned home it was caked in sand and crud - he swore by an electric toothbrush to clean it :2funny: There are also pics there of E-1s being cleaned under a tap - not sure I'd recommend that tho'!
Which toothpaste did he use? ;D ;D
Quote from: Chris P on August 23, 2009, 09:09:50 AM
They did rinse a few E-3s under the tap on their official launch but not something I would recommend for the D300.
If warm soapy water doesn't do it you could try kitchen cleaner. I would suggest you dilute it though and test it first to make sure it doesn't damage the plastics
Nikon!......Plastics!!! >:(
Graham. :)
Quote from: Chris P on August 23, 2009, 09:09:50 AM
They did rinse a few E-3s under the tap on their official launch but not something I would recommend for the D300.
If warm soapy water doesn't do it you could try kitchen cleaner. I would suggest you dilute it though and test it first to make sure it doesn't damage the plastics
I wouldn't use anything but liquid soap, as it could cause problems with the plastic or rubber. :tup:
Yahh yahhhhhh
Top class Japanese plastic though !!!!!
Shine On