Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts

General Category => General Photography => Topic started by: Just Dave on October 20, 2011, 09:30:30 PM

Title: Ashness Bridge Derwent Water Cumbria (2)
Post by: Just Dave on October 20, 2011, 09:30:30 PM
Hi

Yesterday Russell, John, Gary and I went for a day togging  in the lakes, we visited lots of places this is Ashness Bridge Derwent Water Cumbria , Ive always wanted to go there, so many thanks Russell for taking us, its the most photographed bridge in Cumbria, brilliant day out.

There where lots of photographers there and it was hard to get a shot without any in, this was my first time using the cokin filters that Russell gave me, Im well happy with them,  what do you think it

(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6211/6262879261_0a615e94ec_b.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/davenjulie/6262879261/)
Ashness Bridge Derwent Water Cumbria (http://www.flickr.com/photos/davenjulie/6262879261/) by Just Daves Photos (http://www.flickr.com/people/davenjulie/), on Flickr

(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6095/6262628799_472b9d1da3_b.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/davenjulie/6262628799/)
Ashness Bridge Derwent Water Cumbria With Skiddaw In The Distance (http://www.flickr.com/photos/davenjulie/6262628799/) by Just Daves Photos (http://www.flickr.com/people/davenjulie/), on Flickr

Dave
Title: Re: Ashness Bridge Derwent Water Cumbria (2)
Post by: Oldboy on October 20, 2011, 09:35:59 PM
Cracking shots, but not keen on milky water. Love the colours on the second one.  :tup:
Title: Re: Ashness Bridge Derwent Water Cumbria (2)
Post by: skellum on October 21, 2011, 07:51:17 PM
Nice shots Dave. I was there at dawn the last time I went and it was a Monday morning so I had the place to myself for quite a while including the Jetty on Derwentwater.
Title: Re: Ashness Bridge Derwent Water Cumbria (2)
Post by: Just Dave on October 22, 2011, 08:48:31 AM
Thanks OB and Dave, yeah think early morning is best think it was about 12-30ish when we got there
Title: Re: Ashness Bridge Derwent Water Cumbria (2)
Post by: mondmagu on October 23, 2011, 09:34:45 PM
Lovely shots Dave.I prefer the milky water in the shot with the water flowing towards you rather than away from you.There is just something about the water flowing away that doesn't sit well with me.But two beauties all the same.

Des :tup: 
Title: Re: Ashness Bridge Derwent Water Cumbria (2)
Post by: Just Dave on October 24, 2011, 09:18:17 AM
Thanks very much Des yeah I always prefer water running towards me also  :tup: