Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts
General Category => General Photography => Topic started by: skellum on September 19, 2011, 11:50:30 PM
Listened to a Radio 4 programme tonight ( infact typing this as I listen ) about an ordinary guy from Ipswich who worked in a camera shop and went on to become a War photographer. Should be able to listen again, the programme is called ' Jon Ronson On ' Series 5, Jon Ronson talks to conflict photographer Jason Howe. Anyway I thought it was very interesting. Beats my ' Electrician who became a Football photographer '. :(
Here is a link to his website. www.conflictpics.com
Thanks for a great steer Dave. You have to be made of stern stuff and steely determination to up and go out to places where danger is ever present.
Mind you I did an Irish wedding way back for which I should have been awarded a medal for actions way above the call of duty, still I healed up fairly quickly! :o
Quote from: ABERS on September 20, 2011, 07:31:25 AM
Mind you I did an Irish wedding way back for which I should have been awarded a medal for actions way above the call of duty, still I healed up fairly quickly! :o
Irish wedding.....now that is really the front line! :o
But not as dangerous as this! :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qNOIJNfICI&feature=player_embedded
Thanks for that Dave. It was quite thought provoking. It shows how complex us humans are.
Nick
Has anyone listened to the radio program ? As for the most dangerous photography I have done click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyVZL38cN68&feature=player_profilepage I think some of you will of seen it before. Preston North Ends Deepdale ground is one of the few remaining that allow photographers onto the edge of the pitch without anything in front of you like a advertising board for protection but most of the togs prefer it that way.