Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts

General Category => General Photography => Topic started by: Just Dave on November 30, 2010, 12:22:37 PM

Title: Photographer Eadweard Muybridge BBC1 Tonight 22:35
Post by: Just Dave on November 30, 2010, 12:22:37 PM
Hi

Imagine Tonight On BBC1 22:35

A portrait of the pioneering forefather of cinema and Victorian enigma Eadweard Muybridge. Clicky linky (http://"http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wdlkz")   :tup: Wikipedia  Clicky linky (http://"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eadweard_Muybridge")

Dave
Title: Re: Photographer Eadweard Muybridge BBC1 Tonight 22:35
Post by: Oldboy on November 30, 2010, 05:26:58 PM
I was going to post that as well.  ;D

You've done a better job.  :tup:
Title: Re: Photographer Eadweard Muybridge BBC1 Tonight 22:35
Post by: Just Dave on November 30, 2010, 07:07:37 PM
sounds like it will be good viewing  :tup:
Title: Re: Photographer Eadweard Muybridge BBC1 Tonight 22:35
Post by: Just Dave on November 30, 2010, 10:38:59 PM
Starting now BBC1
Title: Re: Photographer Eadweard Muybridge BBC1 Tonight 22:35
Post by: Just Dave on December 01, 2010, 09:31:05 AM
Wow,  that was a brilliant insight, love this capturing movement, i always been into it, think Im going to try this more heres a sequence I did of a waterfall, not brill,cant wait till I get my 7d next week hopefully

Sometimes I think my kit bags heavy lugging it about, he had to drag all his kit/darkroom in a barrow and a stagecoach, thought his photographs were amazing, the amount of work that went into each individual shot,  Clicky Linky (http://"http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wdlkz") to Iplayer if you missed well worth watching

(http://www.davefbarker.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/Fall_Moviesmall.gif)


Dave
Title: Re: Photographer Eadweard Muybridge BBC1 Tonight 22:35
Post by: krennon on December 01, 2010, 08:14:14 PM
Going to catch it on the I-player hopefully....Eadweard Muybridge is a Kingston on Thames boy (my hometown) and our local musuem has a permanent display of some of his work and equipment although he did so much of his work in the States, Kingston does claim his as one of their own....
Title: Re: Photographer Eadweard Muybridge BBC1 Tonight 22:35
Post by: Sandy on December 02, 2010, 12:37:25 PM
I also will try and watch it on iplayer

Sandy
Title: Re: Photographer Eadweard Muybridge BBC1 Tonight 22:35
Post by: Hinfrance on December 02, 2010, 02:24:18 PM
Just watched it. I was much more impressed by his earlier landscape and cityscape work than that later stuff (of which I was previously aware). He seemed to turn into a 'fiddler' towards the end, and I tend more towards Miller's point of view than the one Yentob was presenting.