Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts
General Category => General Photography => Topic started by: krennon on July 30, 2010, 10:27:14 PM
Hi All
I have a few shots that I am thinking of getting printed off at around the 16x12 or even 18x12 range for the camera club comps and probably the exhibition in Oct as well....there is a local co I have used for some standard 10x8....but was thinking of trying a couple of others just for comparison as much as anything but as I want to use these for competition entries they need to be of a high standard....I have had various co's recommended to me including Proam imaging and Peak Imaging.....amongst others.....ProAm looks a tad complicated for a non-tech minded guy like me as in downloading calibration s/ware etc (I know it will then allow them to print at the best quality from the image I supply) Peak are a lot more expensive but do all the work hence the cost....I just wondered if anybody has used either of these or can recommend somewhere else...I've used photobox in the past as well and they were ok not the best I've seen but acceptable enough....The other option is to ask my dad to print off some shots as he's just bought a Pixma Pro 9000 so can do BIG PRINTS but he's in Torquay so not sure if that is 100% viable postage wise....Any ideas of who to use?
http://www.theprintspace.co.uk/ (http://www.theprintspace.co.uk/) seem to have a good rep.
I've got a few pics i'm lining up to submit myself. Though i might pop in one day when i've got time in London.
The Print Space are amazing.
For big no fuss prints of decent quality http://www.intelligence-direct.com/ are good.
@Picsfor - if you visit then drop your files off and ask where they recommend for coffee. There's a great café a couple of doors away - owner used to be a Greek wrestler.
Thanks for that Jonathan.
Day trip to London coming up :tup:
Make it a weekend and maybe some of us could get together for a shoot depending on dates/times/money etc.... ;)