Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts

General Category => General Photography => Topic started by: Just Dave on July 26, 2010, 10:27:21 PM

Title: Gannet Portrait
Post by: Just Dave on July 26, 2010, 10:27:21 PM
Hi

We went away for a few days to Filey, so we called in at Bempton Cliffs Bempton Yorkshire, heres a Gannet Portrait C+C Welcome

(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4076/4831001506_08a0ea9c30_b.jpg)

Dave
Title: Re: Gannet Portrait
Post by: irv_b on July 26, 2010, 11:30:45 PM
Lovely shot Dave great focus on the eye, nice and sharp  but the light patch on the water tend to draw my eye to the end of the beak and now I've seen it it's more noticeable, if you know what I mean.
Title: Re: Gannet Portrait
Post by: Just Dave on July 27, 2010, 09:07:42 AM
Thanks Irv, the light patch is probably OOF grasses that were between myself and the gannet,as I had to sneak up on him, shame as you say though, I don't think I could clone it, could try colour replace brush,  or if anyone's got any other ideas
Title: Re: Gannet Portrait
Post by: Trickee on July 27, 2010, 09:08:15 AM
I agree with Irv, if this was my pic i would darken the background on the left hand side, this would focus your eyes back to the gannet  :)
Title: Re: Gannet Portrait
Post by: Trickee on July 27, 2010, 09:26:45 AM
I can edit and repost your shot with your permission  :)
Title: Re: Gannet Portrait
Post by: Just Dave on July 27, 2010, 09:48:33 AM
Hi Trickee, sure you can edit it, look forward to the result
Title: Re: Gannet Portrait
Post by: Trickee on July 27, 2010, 10:00:41 AM
(http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7641929/4831001506_08a0ea9c30_b.jpg)


i used control points in nikon capture nx to darken the selected areas its a very quick and easy tool to use
Title: Re: Gannet Portrait
Post by: Just Dave on July 27, 2010, 10:41:04 AM
Hi Trickee, the link just takes me to a locked page. :(
Title: Re: Gannet Portrait
Post by: Trickee on July 27, 2010, 11:28:49 AM
Sorry Dave try again i am not too hot on this linking thingy :doh:
Title: Re: Gannet Portrait
Post by: Just Dave on July 27, 2010, 11:37:48 AM
Thanks Trickee, nice edit, that looks much better :)
Title: Re: Gannet Portrait
Post by: picsfor on July 27, 2010, 11:52:51 AM
yes - i'm going with the Trickee edit - though it was a good picture in the first place. Just needed "tidying up"
Title: Re: Gannet Portrait
Post by: Mick on July 27, 2010, 05:41:36 PM
Quote from: Trickee on July 27, 2010, 11:28:49 AM
Sorry Dave try again i am not too hot on this linking thingy :doh:

Craig, I've embedded it into your post above.  ;)  You just need to add the image address (not page address) between image tags, like this,


[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7641929/4831001506_08a0ea9c30_b.jpg[/img]


Dave.  A lovely photo, and focus is spot on.  I do like Craig's edit though.  :tup:

Title: Re: Gannet Portrait
Post by: Just Dave on July 27, 2010, 06:43:01 PM
Many thanks Andrew and Admin :) will defiantly be going back
Title: Re: Gannet Portrait
Post by: Moses on July 28, 2010, 10:12:38 PM
Hmmmmm, I like the original and the edit :)
Title: Re: Gannet Portrait
Post by: Just Dave on July 29, 2010, 11:42:51 AM
Thanks Moses  :)