• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 111
  • Total: 111
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Field Trip?

Started by David Blandford, August 01, 2017, 10:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Blandford

Quote from: Reinardina on August 09, 2017, 07:28:07 AM
Quote from: kerbside on August 08, 2017, 05:26:36 PM
Depending what date this is set for and again depending on price i may jump on a train from Bristol for the day, will have to wait and see what is planned.

Would be nice if you could come Jeff. I don't travel by train often, but I have paid top dollar to get to Sheffield, but also managed to get a £15, or was it £5?, return ticket to the Home Counties. Probably a question of luck. Or knowing your way around websites, which I don't, as I do not travel by train much. I often prefer National Express, but that may mean a very early start!

Weekdays are fine by me too.

Quote from: David Blandford on August 08, 2017, 09:07:21 PM
Quote from: kerbside on August 08, 2017, 08:23:38 PM
Retired so weekdays are fine.
I need to check my shifts at work , and speak to my wife and ask about a pass for the day !   :legit:

She's an angel really and may even tag along with her camera. :tup:

You have to ask your wife for a pass for the day?????   ;D

Yes R., working 12 hours shifts and only getting odd days off I tend to respect her wishes in case she has planned anything for us. The good thing about my job is I get every forth week off!! I will  try to plan something for a weekday in September so people can get advance booked tickets.
still trying to paint with light!!

David Blandford

What do people think about holding our shoot and social on Friday 15th September in Southampton? If we meet up around 11:30 It will allow people to travel after the morning rush.  A month's notice should allow people to book cheaper train tickets.   :beer:

Reinardina

Quote from: David Blandford on August 10, 2017, 07:44:17 PM
What do people think about holding our shoot and social on Friday 15th September in Southampton? If we meet up around 11:30 It will allow people to travel after the morning rush.  A month's notice should allow people to book cheaper train tickets.   :beer:

I'll have my annual (and much delayed), visit to the Netherlands around that time. Part of the tradition, is a week in our favourite hotel, and our rooms are already booked from 15 till 23 September. I always stay some time before and after the 'anchor stay,' but those dates have not yet been decided on.

So, sadly, I will not be able to come that day.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

David Blandford

Quote from: Reinardina on August 11, 2017, 07:37:25 AM
Quote from: David Blandford on August 10, 2017, 07:44:17 PM

I'll have my annual (and much delayed), visit to the Netherlands around that time. Part of the tradition, is a week in our favourite hotel, and our rooms are already booked from 15 till 23 September. I always stay some time before and after the 'anchor stay,' but those dates have not yet been decided on.

So, sadly, I will not be able to come that day.

We can always change the date, as there is likely to be only four people there we can be flexible to allow everyone to attend!  Alternatively we could have it near to Christmas when the German market is held and the lights are up?

Simple

I would love to attend, but Southampton is a bit too far for this Northener.

David Blandford

Quote from: Simple on August 11, 2017, 05:00:18 PM
I would love to attend, but Southampton is a bit too far for this Northener.

Maybe some one could organise something in the North, but it is a too far for me!     :dance:  :legit:

Reinardina

As I have to rely on public transport, almost everywhere is too far for me! Unless of course, there is a good value, direct connection.
Long travelling times, take a good chunk out of the day, which is another disadvantage.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.