• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 128
  • Total: 128
  • Google
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT: THE BEST IN SHOW

Started by ABERS, August 18, 2013, 07:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

This week's theme is a THE BEST IN SHOW.

The Annual CC Exhibition is calling for an entry from each member. All and everything is allowed, no specified subject or genre, just your best picture taken during the week in question. All members, especially those not entering to vote on the BEST IN SHOW. 

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 19th August 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 25th August 2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 26th August 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 27th August 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 1st Sept. 2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

ABERS

Not being tied down to a specific subject may encourage CC members to enter the competition. Let's have sight of your personal style, your take on your favourite genre. All will be winners, but one will BEST IN SHOW.  :tup:

Reinardina

Love the idea, but it may make it even more difficult to make up my mind! If I manage to get some decent shots this week, that is. The past week was rather dismal.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

Brilliant idea Alan.

Perhaps when the poll is set there should be more than one vote available -  :-\   :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

ABERS

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on August 18, 2013, 11:07:23 AM
Brilliant idea Alan.

Perhaps when the poll is set there should be more than one vote available -  :-\   :tup:

Steady on Andy, I've yet to fathom out how to do the poll  ??? let alone allow more than one vote. Anyway it's THE BEST IN SHOW.  :tup:

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Oldboy

DigiDiva

Haha...well, I did mean the comp theme.......
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

Finally had a good morning's hunting. Might even have got my competition entry.

alexharrison101

this will be my entry:

the trickiest shot i've attempted yet(!). took a LONG time to get the setup and lighting ok.
EOS 700D, 50mm f/1.8, 17-55mm f/2.8, 70-200 L f/4 IS plus a whole load of filters and closeup attachments!

my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexharrison101/

SimonW

Hi Alex,

You've got your entry in good and early. Please don't misunderstand this as I don't mean to criticise it in any way. However, you've got till Sunday night to take another. Are you sure you're not going to take a better one - even by accident - before then?

(I spent all last night trying to shoot a specific photo for this comp and failed dismally. But I might get another chance later in the week. If not, come Sunday I'll try to choose between photos taken for other reasons.)

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

alexharrison101

Thanks Simon - I figured I'd enter this one now so I don't forget, then I can always swap it if I take something better!
EOS 700D, 50mm f/1.8, 17-55mm f/2.8, 70-200 L f/4 IS plus a whole load of filters and closeup attachments!

my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexharrison101/

Hinfrance

I'm not planning on taking any more pictures this week after I've redone today's efforts. But, as you say Simon, we can always change our minds if we suddenly get an unexpected stunner.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

It will be one of mine from Mondays trip to the wildlife park or a pre wedding shoot I have on in Stratford on Sunday as I have not other time / plans

Reinardina

I've got three candidates already, and I haven't finished taking photographs yet.

What to go for? The three I've so far set aside fall in the categories of cute, humour and 'reality.' They're all street scenes. I tend to take photographs 'on the hoof' and hardly ever set something up.

Had a dash over the local Common this afternoon, but at first glance the results are not quite what I hoped. Haven't seen them on screen yet, so that's what I am going to do now.

It will be difficult to choose the ultimate winner, as there will be (I hope) many different types/styles and genres.

Better get back to work now.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.