• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 19
  • Total: 19
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Weekend Comp. Chat Thread

Started by skellum, January 30, 2009, 07:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wattsy

oooh - no flood post prevention - how refreshing! Mine's in - adding the link to the larger version is the same as in DCM forum, but don't put "" around the address. I too was getting withdrawal symptoms on Friday before I found this!!

stevebedder

Just posted mine for this weekend in the Entries thread.

Thought I'd try something a bit different plus not had much opportunity to get out and about with my camera.

Good luck all.  ;D

Steve

irv_b

only found out you guys were over here on friday when I went back onto DCM site so I put my entry in today
Irv
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

jinky

Not sure how everything works on here yet as so little time to try out but will try to enter what will no doubt be a sub-standard entry to keep up support and thanks to those enabling this temporary hosting. Don`t forget to vote on last weeks though after all that work by Trigle and hevans to keep slapping those polls on in the face of adversity. Great efforts by all concerned.
I hope I manage to post a pic OK as it will be mid-morning tomorrow before I get a chance.
Limited time as I went to an Andy Rouse / Warehouse Express event at Chester Zoo yesterday. Really good except it was too cold for the animals to be very co-operative. Some great images and simple lessons learned though. Biggest laugh was me having, almost reluctantly, ordered a Sigma 7-200 2.8 lens with "free" 2 x converter. The on a samll gear talk Andy told me what I already new really - save up for the Nikon instead - to which I turned to WE staff present to say well I think I`ll cancel the order. It would be silly to ignore the advice of the expert WE put in front of us!
Do you reckon it`s good advice?

Sarasocke

I've hardly been outside apart from walking the dogs this weekend and my cold's stopping my head getting around the camera.
I've plastered a few pictures in the gallery though, so I suppose I have been doing something worthwhile.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

wendoureecat

Well no entry from me this weekend so good luck to all and some terrific shots as usual. Big decision made this weekend to move to a smaller place (4bed + study down to 2/3bed) as there is now only 3 of us in the house + 3 cats lol. So one skip full of rubbish and looks like another one before we are rubbish free. I cant believe what we have acumulated lol. Just hope the weather cools down so I can actually get some work done this week.

irv_b

The kids just told me to look outside :o When I looked an hour or so ago there was no snow

Irv
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Eileen

Wow - same here Irv. I hadn't noticed the snow until your post prompted me to look out.

Jerry WSL

stevebedder

None here either although it has been trying to snow on and off throughout the day. Nothing more than a 10 or 15 minute light flurry though so far.

Got to drive down the M6 from South Manchester to Lutterworth early tomorrow morning so hoping the snow doesn't hit too bad  :-\

Some good entries once again  :tup:

Steve

wattsy

I got a chance to go out and take some more shots, so now I have a choice...can't decide now, so might change my entry in the morning...

Larger versions can be seen here

oggalily

Got mine in - I had a few choices and liked this one best.  I also took some palm trees but didn't want to look like a copycat of Terri!

jimthetrain

Just got in from work and managed a quick shot before the deadline. Not much chance for anything else when at work all day :(
Might be slightly blurred,couldn't really set up a tripod. :2funny:

BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

Hinfrance

I've decided to go with 'In Step'

Now, how does one set up the poll?

Howard
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Decided on one of my Chester Zoo Andy Rouse seminar shots. We were allowed out to play in the zoo for a couple of hours but hardly any of the animals were out! Got this giraffe though in the grey flat sky that was here before the snow came to Leeds today!
Took me a while to work out how to post it and everyone seemed in random sizes so just posted to match majority. Some nice shots posted.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.