• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 58
  • Total: 58
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Printing your pics

Started by DavidHammond, September 02, 2009, 11:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidHammond

So I was reading a topic on here... and it's got me thinking...  ::)

I've got myself a Canon MP620 printer at home, so what is the best way to print my images?

What resolution? and how do I change the resolution?
Colour Profiles how should I use them?
sRGB, or Adobe RGB?

I'm determined to print more of my images, and hopefully inspire others to do the same!

Thanks in Advance  :tup:

SimonW

Sometimes I want several 6x4s, and I find the best way is to use the Epson easyprint software that came with my printer. It just takes the original jps from the camera, sizes them to fit the paper, rotating if required, shows a print preview of each (which I've learned not to waste time looking at - it's always OK), load up 6x4 paper and away it goes. Very quick and easy.

For larger sizes I use A4 paper and Paint Shop Pro's print layout function in which you can put one or several on a page, and click-drag to adjust the sizes. But with camera-sized jpgs it can take ages to redraw the screen after each move, so I find it better to first resize each pic to the wanted final size at 300dpi.

My feeling is that it all depends on the printer and the speed of your PC - you'll need to experiment.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.