• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 38
  • Total: 38
  • Google
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Competitions format MK2

Started by Mick, March 09, 2009, 09:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Things are getting very heated over the comp situation, and this I don't want, after all it's meant to be a bit of fun.  There's no prize at stake.  (Yet).   Here's my 2p's worth, as I see it.

I can see no problem holding the comp over a seven day period, especially if that means more people will be able to enter.  There's nothing set in stone, so why cant we try it.

1: Start comp on a Monday, through to Sunday.
2: Following Monday, open up the poll, through to Friday.  This will give the winner two days to think of a new subject, and so on.

What do you think guys?

Please try to keep the chat regarding this in one thread. (this one)  :tup:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Alfonso_Frisk

So a Bi-weekly poll ?
I dont think it has longevity mate. People will forget about it very soon if they have to enter a pic every 2 weeks
Just my opinion
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Hinfrance

I thought the idea was that it would be a two week rolling competition. Only on the first ocassion will there be no winner to set up the following week's contest.

So we have
Week #1 Monday to Sunday entries for challenge #1, <Sunday night challenge #2 posted
Week #2 Monday to Sunday entries for challenge #2, Monday to Friday voting for challenge #1,
             < Sunday night, challenge #3 posted by challenge #1 winner
Week #3 Monday to Sunday entries for challenge #3, Monday to Friday voting for challenge #2,
             < Sunday night, challenge #4 posted by challenge #2 winner

etc etc.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

Quote from: Tringle WP on March 09, 2009, 02:20:53 PM
I thought the idea was that it would be a two week rolling competition. Only on the first ocassion will there be no winner to set up the following week's contest.

So we have
Week #1 Monday to Sunday entries for challenge #1, <Sunday night challenge #2 posted
Week #2 Monday to Sunday entries for challenge #2, Monday to Friday voting for challenge #1,
             < Sunday night, challenge #3 posted by challenge #1 winner
Week #3 Monday to Sunday entries for challenge #3, Monday to Friday voting for challenge #2,
             < Sunday night, challenge #4 posted by challenge #2 winner

etc etc.

Howard,

That was what i was suggesting (I think)  :D only difference being the new challenge would be posted on Monday morning rather than Sunday night.   ;)     

My Gallery

OpenSea

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

My Gallery

OpenSea

Hinfrance

Hummm,

I thought 'overly concerned with precision' summed it up quite well - only joking.

So if we are going to do this rolling weekly contest might I suggest that for the first two only the winner of this week's 'Trades and Professions' choses a new subject to start from next Monday, and then also does the same for the following Monday while the voting is going on for week one?

I think that would work . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

oRGie

stevebedder

So is there a plan for the weekend\week\6 day\7 day\5 day\2 weekend competition?  ;)

Should I close the poll now for the current (Trades & Professions) competition or leave it to the weekend seen as though it was put up a little late?  :-[

When is the next competition going to beign?

Cheers

Steve

irv_b

I say let it go till the weekend then close the poll and then a new subject gets posted on sunday night :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

oRGie

while I was typing this Irv posted, so have edited..  lol... 

naming convention for the comp does need to be clear as it could get messy.. eg

next weeks would be

Cranium comp pics to be taken monday 16th to sunday 22nd march

poll threads something like

Cranium comp poll - for pics taken monday 16th to sunday 22nd march

imho rules should include,

by entering you agree to take responsibilty to post a topic on the sunday following your declared win, create an entries thread, create a chat thread, create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner (if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

in case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie sunday xx to monday xx

pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 monday night (mick if you could add the actions to post the thumbnail with a link to the full size in the gallery)

Poll to be created tuesday to run till friday, winner declared saturday (mick, pls add actions to create the poll the way you did this week, worked a treat)

thats my 2p's worth, based on the poll that was done and micks comments above.. if a mod can keep an eye on the naming convention, that would be good..  and by all means call it whatever, international or just cranium, I was just thinking about the length of the title..

/discuss please, what have I missed..    :beer:

irv_b

I think we need to nail this down or  its going to run and run! I think orgie got it about right but I would be be inclined to leave the title as it is, start afresh from this monday and if one of the mods could pm the guys and girls who came over when dcm was shut down, to tell them, comp is up and running as a weekly deal, then maybe we'll get some more players
Irv
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Mick

Some good suggestions guys.  :tup: 

Got to ask this.   As a competition designed by the members, would it be cheeky to ask you guys to run it between you?  I'm not always around, and even though it looks like I'm on line, I'm often working on other stuff.

That said you only have to shout if you need me to do something, as I regularly check in.  ;)

oRGie, adding the pics is not a problem. Either I could do it, or I'll write some instructions.

irv_b, I have reminded member since we started this in the IOTW newsletter.   Not sure it's having any effect though.  :-[  Will note this and have a re-think.

My Gallery

OpenSea

oRGie

Quote from: admin on March 12, 2009, 11:29:38 PM
Some good suggestions guys.  :tup: 

Got to ask this.   As a competition designed by the members, would it be cheeky to ask you guys to run it between you?  I'm not always around, and even though it looks like I'm on line, I'm often working on other stuff.

That said you only have to shout if you need me to do something, as I regularly check in.  ;)

oRGie, adding the pics is not a problem. Either I could do it, or I'll write some instructions.

irv_b, I have reminded member since we started this in the IOTW newsletter.   Not sure it's having any effect though.  :-[  Will note this and have a re-think.

Hey Mick, yes I agree it should be self sustaining, I was just after you writting down the instructions on what should be done to post the thumbs with a link to the pics, this text would go in with the rules so everyone knows how to do it each week. :)

Mick

Dunno if you can pick the bones out of this,

Posting your entries.

As long as the pics are in the CC gallery, the easiest way to add these to the entry thread, is to copy the BBcode shown in the attached image.  To find this code, simply click a thumbnail, and below the intermediate pic you'll find the file info box.  It's at the bottom.  Paste this code straight into your entry post.  Done this way the pics will automatically link to the full size image when clicked.

Adding images to the poll.

Right click each pic in the entry thread, and copy the image address.  These can be added to each option box as build the poll, 

(Example) Code like this, entered into the option boxes.

Tringle WP - Haridresser [br] [img]http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_Hairdresser_IGP6607.jpg[/img]
Irv_b - Ahh! Tea Time [br] [img]http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_tea.jpg[/img]
Oldboy - Busker [br] [img]http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_DSC_4842.jpg[/img]

And so on.  Note: These images won't be clickable, and are for voting purposes only.

My Gallery

OpenSea

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.