• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 233
  • Total: 233
photobox
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Boot up problem?

Started by Trickee, September 11, 2009, 11:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trickee

i am re-building a desk top computer when i switch on i get nothing but a blank screen when i hit the f11 key to access boot menu.
i also get a blank screen when i hit DEL to enter setup.

prior to this i get floppy disk fail (40)

any ideas folks

Trickee

UPDATE---fixed the floppy drive but still blank screens after hitting any of the options.

Alfonso_Frisk

I thought bios/boot was f10 ?
What about hitting f5 for safe mode
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Trickee

have tried hitting them as well Alf i need to set CD as boot up so i can load an opps system onto an unformatted sata 2 drive

Chris P

You can set the boot order in BIOS.  Set it to CD first and then HDD second.

Trickee

cannot see bios screen goes blank and flashes is this because i am using my tv as a screen monitor?

Alfonso_Frisk

have you hit F8 to allow the tv screen to be used ?
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Chris P

When you first turn the computer on do you see anything at all?  A memory check or anything?

Could be because it's a TV but it's very unlikely.

Trickee

get boot up memory check when first switch on as normal, get following options f11 to change boot settings, f1 to continue or DEL to enter set up.
they all result in a blank screen. its a if the picture signal has been cut off after i hit any of the options

Trickee

I am giving up for today i will have to get hold of a normal monitor as i feel its something to do with the TV, i have taken the graphics card out and switched to onboard graphics but still no picture---need one of those blind dogs that was mentioned in another post :)

Mick

Quote from: Trickee on September 11, 2009, 01:45:03 PM
I am giving up for today i will have to get hold of a normal monitor as i feel its something to do with the TV, i have taken the graphics card out and switched to onboard graphics but still no picture---need one of those blind dogs that was mentioned in another post :)

I was going to say Craig.  If you had onboard graphics, then make sure you plug into this first. When you get into the bios switch the onboard graphics off, switch the pc off.  Plug monitor back into your graphics card and re-boot.   But now reading your post above you have already done this.  :doh:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Trickee

if only i could get into the dam bios >:( >:( :)

Mick

Quote from: Trickee on September 11, 2009, 03:00:10 PM
if only i could get into the dam bios >:( >:( :)

Have some more  :beer: :beer: :beer: 

Craig, what motherboard are you using?
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Trickee

yes cheers mick its an MSI K8MM3 board. i have built a number of systems in the past and never had this problem >:(

Oldboy

Have you moved one of the jumpers on the motherboard, as incorrect jumpers would cause this problem.  ;D

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.