• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 18
  • Total: 18
photobox
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

My visit to Paris... without a camera :-(

Started by DavidHammond, December 20, 2016, 12:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidHammond

It's been a long while since I picked up my camera, or visited the site. However...

Me and the Mrs went over to Paris earlier this month for 4 days. I was going to take the Canon with me, but having not used it for a while, I couldn't be bothered lugging the bag about, and didn't have time to sort a rucksack... biggest mistake I've made   :doh:

The weather was fantastic, clear blue sky each day, cool and fresh and I wasn't prepared for the architecture and generally what a brilliant city it is.

Managed to do OK with my Samsung J3 phone, and the Mrs's better S5, I've uploaded some of images to the travel gallery. http://cameracraniums.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=142&page=1&sort=dd

I think I've fallen in love with Paris, and photography again.

Anyone else neglected to take their camera and wished they had.

David Blandford

I have never spent any time in Paris, but looking at your photos, I guess I will soon.       :tup:
still trying to paint with light!!

jinky

I love Paris. Too long since our last trip when we rented a tiny flat in Montmartre and walked everywhere. We retraced the steps of the Amelie film and saw some great demos and got my own favourite shot of Sacre Coeur through the clock in the old Gare de L`Est impressionsist museum. That was one of the many occasions I regretted not having my dslr and decent lenses as the compact of that day didn`t cut the mustard at all! Another time I went up through the Rockies on the Rocky mountaineer train and drove back down eqipped only with a camcorder that shot stills (badly) and a small compact. Nice photos but nowhere near as good as they could have been. I`ve quite often regretted not having the dslr - usually when I`ve gone on a cheap break with hand luggage only meaning the camera bag stays home. I keep looking at maybe getting a smaller new Fuji compact kit but prices and not wanting to sell my gear to fund it stops me. I thought I`d solved my dilemna i getting an LX100 but given that it is in the repair shop for it`s 2nd repair under warranty in a month maybe not!
Must ignore all these terrorist threats and get back to Paris soon - such a gorgeous city to walk around and cheap enough if you do your research.

DavidHammond

I don't usually get attached to places etc, but Paris really impressed me, surprised me too. I'm trying to convince the Mrs that city breaks are more fun than vegetating on a sun lounger for 2 weeks.

Despite recent events I fancy Germany, Amsterdam, and pop back to London & Paris... armed with my Canon.

anglefire

There are some lovely places in Germany. As well as Paris, which I really like, I've been to Rome and Barcelona for short breaks. I have been to Amsterdam with work - but only went for the evening - and to the usual places - though I left my camera at the camp site! Enjoyed walking around the area whilst most of the others enjoyed the "Show"  though. My overriding memory is the cost - it was bloody expensive even though I wasn't paying for anything!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

DavidHammond

Spend today over Liverpool, having changed my over the shoulder camera bag, for a rucksack style it's less hassle to carry it about, and the Mrs can still pop in the shops.

I enjoyed being out with the camera again.  :tup: I've posted a few images in the B&W album, and my own.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.