• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 28
  • Total: 28
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andydo

Oh dear after all these yrs the jokes get no better  :P
I WILL LOVE IT IF WE BEAT THEM, LOVE IT - KING KEV

David Blandford

Still waiting for Pentax to return my K50 after two weeks and now been told it will be another two weeks at least. The only good thing is it is being repaired under warranty. :'(
still trying to paint with light!!

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: New Forest Man on December 04, 2015, 10:38:53 AM
Still waiting for Pentax to return my K50 after two weeks and now been told it will be another two weeks at least. The only good thing is it is being repaired under warranty. :'(

Apply for and insist upon an extension of the Warranty  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

David Blandford

Thanks for the advice Andy  :tup:
still trying to paint with light!!

anglefire

My Dad's computer is quicker than mine.

Some clarification!
His old computer was running like a dog - reckon it was about 8 or 9 years old. So he wanted a new one. So bought one off the shelf from Ebuyer - I set it up and left it working fine - next day it wouldn't boot - so sent it back to be told no fault found. :doh:

So he decided to take the £10 hit and not have it back.

So we looked at getting someone to build one to a decent spec. I then looked at what I could do for the money.

And bought the bits. And have pretty much built it now.

Basically its a i5 6600 3.3GHz 1151 processor in a Gigabyte mAtx Mobo with a 500Gb M2 SSD and a 2Tb hybrid drive and 16Gb of DDR4 memory.

Windows 10 OS.

It boots in about 5 seconds. :dance:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Annoyed me but entertained me at the same time. Was just saying to my wife yesterday when reading an article how I never get nuisance calls nowadays. As I sat at my computer on cue "Kevin" from India rings telling me that Microsoft have identified a problem with my computer and I need help!!! :o
I decided to have a little fun and he talked me through how to solve it after my "panicking" and pretending to get really upset. He asked me what was to the left of my keyboard and I replied my garage key which threw him initially until after a few more questions about other keys I explained I kept all my keys on a keyboard and was confused. We started over again then until we got to his explaining the enter key which I explained was still in the front door downstairs. Getting frustrated he asked if I really wanted his help which I begged him to do. Asking me to identify the windows emblem key I told him I didn`t have one - maybe because I was on an iMac I suggested. "What are you doing he says, you are just wasting my time!". "I thought you called me wasting mine I said as he hung up shouting abuse at me. I wish I had their number - very poor customer service there  ;D

Hinfrance

We had one of those the other week, but Mrs H hung up on him before I could have any fun. I do like your approach - well done!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Well done Jinky.

I occasionally like to keep them busy for a while, but never for long. Love your approach! Very clever to pick up on the 'key' theme.

I have discovered some use legitimate British phone numbers, even when they're calling from LA. Don't know how it works, but on first calling the display shows 'International.' but when I look later to see who called, there is an unknown 'normal' number. I have been blocking these numbers and it stops the calls for at least a fortnight. (I used to get one a day at least.)

When you type the relative phone number in Google, you often see the same number, used by a variety of nuisance callers.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on December 12, 2015, 11:37:07 AM
Annoyed me but entertained me at the same time. Was just saying to my wife yesterday when reading an article how I never get nuisance calls nowadays. As I sat at my computer on cue "Kevin" from India rings telling me that Microsoft have identified a problem with my computer and I need help!!! :o
I decided to have a little fun and he talked me through how to solve it after my "panicking" and pretending to get really upset. He asked me what was to the left of my keyboard and I replied my garage key which threw him initially until after a few more questions about other keys I explained I kept all my keys on a keyboard and was confused. We started over again then until we got to his explaining the enter key which I explained was still in the front door downstairs. Getting frustrated he asked if I really wanted his help which I begged him to do. Asking me to identify the windows emblem key I told him I didn`t have one - maybe because I was on an iMac I suggested. "What are you doing he says, you are just wasting my time!". "I thought you called me wasting mine I said as he hung up shouting abuse at me. I wish I had their number - very poor customer service there  ;D

He's in a third-world country, on very poor wages and only paid on results. How will he feed his growing family?  :doh:

I hoped you wished him a very merry Christmas,  :2funny: :2funny: :tup:

Reinardina

His family should not grow on crime.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Mick

Quote from: jinky on December 12, 2015, 11:37:07 AM

We got one of those calls a year or so back.  My missus realised straight away and recorded it.. 

This is the actual call. I apologise in advance for the sound quality.  :D

https://youtu.be/pIWJZifCpKw
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

jinky

Corrupted TV - that`s really serious! :uglystupid2:
Now what flavour crisps was she eating then? I think they may have been infected too!

donoreo

I occasionally get those.  I have played with them before.  Back before I used a Mac full time I always had Linux based machines.  I could always confuse them with what I saw on the screen. 

The best was the one time when I was done with them I said "You are a criminal and a liar" to which he replied "Yes sir, I am!" 

Well that threw me.   ;D

Ken.

Mick, that was just too funny... I like the part where he says, "Your TV is corrupted."  ???

Alfonso_Frisk

Brilliant. :2funny: :2funny:

My TV was corrupted over the weekend as well,
a load of crap on it called xfactor  :-[ :-[
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.