• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 51
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 34
  • Total: 34
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenBatey

Quote from: Reinardina on September 16, 2015, 11:19:12 AM
Quote from: WillyP on September 16, 2015, 12:16:02 AM
What kind of job do you have that involves overnight stays and... roleplay? ? ?

Or maybe I don't wanna know?  :o

Don't know about Anglefire,  but I had a job dealing with a lot of people, among other things.

Don't know if 'role play' has a different meaning in the USA, but it is just a bit of theatre, where people play irate customers for instance, or wounded survivors of an accident, and others will have to cope with the, often difficult, situation.

For what it's worth, I had a similar set of theatricals when I was a computer programmer, although it was part of a "leadership skills" course.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

anglefire

I'm only guessing role play might be involved - the overnight stay will be appropriate for some depending on where it is - but it is usually in the midlands so within 100miles of home for me - which I'd rather do than stop over.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

The Epson printer - again. It has now decided that although it is loaded with A4 paper the only available paper size is US Legal - so I get a warning shriek from the PC every time I try to print something and have to manually set the paper size. I have attempted to update the driver preferences, but it reverts to US Legal as a default every single time.

I've also spent the best part of the day, along with yesterday evening and night, trying and finally succeeding in getting an iLok licence to work. While I understand that software companies need to protect their intellectual property, why do they make it so darned hard for people who have bought their products to actually use them? Create an account here, create an account there, need new passwords (that can only be in the specified format and of the specified length, but we won't tell you that until we reject the one you've chosen) download several different bits of proprietary and invasive software which doesn't work without a lot of tweaking . .  No wonder so many people use hacked software, that just runs without all this b*llsh*t.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

StephenBatey

I definitely agree over the software protection. I'm currently running the PhotoShop CS2 that was made freely available on the Adobe site after their server died and that doesn't need activation. I have a legitimate copy, but it's an upgrade; and to install it on a new computer requires me to dig out my Photoshop 4 disk and install; then the Photoshop 5 upgrade, then... So much easier just to download the version that doesn't check.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

spinner

WAMT? The usual, idiots on computer forums. Some guy asking on Apple forum how to roll back from El Capitan because he doen't like it. I read the discussion because I wanted to do the same. El Capitan is buggy as hell on my iMac. So, some Fanboy suggests just to use Time Machine. Fair enough except I read on another 'unofficial' Apple forum that you can't, so I say, let us know how it worked because... Fanboy then gets insulting. I aske him if he tried it and his idiot answer is "no, more to the point have you?" Of course I haven't, that's why I'm asking, don't want to screw up my system trying something untested. I'm thinking the writer on the other site has tried and it didn't work, or has access to information the rest of us don't. HATE FANBOYS can't reason with them and they throw hissy fits if you question their OS. :doh: :knuppel2:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on October 17, 2015, 02:48:48 PM
WAMT? The usual, idiots on computer forums. Some guy asking on Apple forum how to roll back from El Capitan because he doen't like it. I read the discussion because I wanted to do the same. El Capitan is buggy as hell on my iMac. So, some Fanboy suggests just to use Time Machine. Fair enough except I read on another 'unofficial' Apple forum that you can't, so I say, let us know how it worked because... Fanboy then gets insulting. I aske him if he tried it and his idiot answer is "no, more to the point have you?" Of course I haven't, that's why I'm asking, don't want to screw up my system trying something untested. I'm thinking the writer on the other site has tried and it didn't work, or has access to information the rest of us don't. HATE FANBOYS can't reason with them and they throw hissy fits if you question their OS. :doh: :knuppel2:

I never give advice unless I've done it myself.  :tup:

Reinardina

Getting a cold call from someone pretending to be from 'Energy UK,' telling me, among other things, that I should have renewed my listing with the Telephone Preference Service (when I challenged her) and that, if people don't, their numbers will be taken off and sold!
(Has been reported to Trading Standards.)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

anglefire

Some idiot that decided that 3 (Or 4) Lanes on the M6 north this morning doing 60 (In a speed limit of 60) wasn't quick enough so was flashing the cars in front to get past - I didn't pull over for some time as there was no where to go - I couldn't tell if it was the law but assumed they would put their blues on - eventually pulled in, even though it wasn't ideal.

It turned out it wasn't but the roof bars made it look a possibility in the dark.

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

spinner

Quote from: Reinardina on October 21, 2015, 05:55:00 PM
Getting a cold call from someone pretending to be from 'Energy UK,' telling me, among other things, that I should have renewed my listing with the Telephone Preference Service (when I challenged her) and that, if people don't, their numbers will be taken off and sold!
(Has been reported to Trading Standards.)

What annoyed me was getting a cold.  :o Wife and I set off on 5 day Caribbean cruise. She had had a cold the week prior. I naturally avoided her. Didn't work, started getting sick the day after we set sail.  Bunch of excursions we'd signed up for got cancelled due to lack of interest. Normally I'd have been upset, but since I was lacking energy I was quite content to lay in a lounge chair and bask in the sun with a cold bevy in hand.  :beer:
Ol' blue eyes

spinner

Annoyance number two. Put my Samsung Tablet into a local ( as in same city, not down the road) repair shop for battery replacement about a month ago. They said it's going to take 5 days. Now almost a month later they haven't called. I've now called them twice and left my number, no call back. It's annoying in two respects, now I will have to drive down to the city centre, which is not close to have a face to face. 2nd aspect is, I wouldn't have had to do any of this if Samsung Canada hadn't refused my repair because I bought the tablet off and American company over the internet. It wasn't a warrantee issue, and I can't imagine the Canadian version being different from the American, we're just not that sizable a market. But they ran the serial number and just handed it back to me claiming they couldn't touch it.  :'(
Ol' blue eyes

spinner

Annoyance number three. Took a Nikkor lens into a repair shop to be fixed. They emailed me an estimate for repair and time frame, 5 to 10 days. Like the tablet mentioned above, that was a month or more ago. Called yesterday and was told the repair was taking longer than anticipated but the tech wasn't at work and someone would call today with an explanation. No call. This is more annoying that the tablet because this repair shop isn't in my hometown but in a neighbouring city. If I have to visit them for a face to face I'll really be annoyed.  >:( What's the saying bad things come in threes?
Ol' blue eyes

Hinfrance

You really just can't get the staff these days.

I'm just waiting for a 400mbps firewire lead to turn up from an Amazon market place seller. I needed it because some of my new audio hardware came with Apple centric connectors - it's firewire 400 interface and the supplied cable is a firewire 400 to 800. My firewire card is a 400, obviously, since these are the most common and furthermore the one required to run the interface. In fairness to the audio company they do state that an adapter may be required, but it would have been nice to know what the lead in the box was before I bought it. Anyway, the point about the Amazon seller is that it has taken them 4 working days to despatch the cable. It only took Andertons Music and UPS 40 hours to ship and deliver a heavy keyboard and the interface from southern England to south west France.

The Amazon seller is going to get a one star 'awful' rating when the cable does eventually turn up.

In the meantime Spinner, fingers crossed that they sort out your stuff with rather more urgency than hitherto.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

I do hope it will stop at three Spinner!

And that Amazon Seller will finally come up with the goods H.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

WillyP

Damn cat!  :wtf:

Oldboy

Ordered a battery for my watch on the 9/10/2015 and paid for it. He said it might take a week before it arrives and he would email to come and collect it. Still waiting.  :o

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.