• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 42
  • Total: 42
wex
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

Abers Exhibition Meet

Started by picsfor, September 28, 2009, 10:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

This is a proposal for a "meet" to the "Abers Exhibition" and is to take place on 31st October.

Proposal is to meet at London Victoria Station at 10am by the "Swatch" retail point near platform 7.
From there we would travel via tube to Green Park and then onto the Piccadilly line to Osterly which will see a half to three quarter mile walk to the venue.
The exhibition opens from 1pm so we would have a chance to photograph various aspects of the journey and also the N.T. grounds in which the Exhibition is being held.

Whilst most have seen and ar familiar with Abers work, Phils' work is just as desirable to look at as we found out on the previous "Abers Exhibition Meet" in 2008.
A worthwhile meet just to see these two gentlemen at their best.

Being a N.T. venue i'm sure it will have refreshment facilities within though i will update more once i have carried out a bit more research.

Feedback on the viability of this proposal is welcome.

ABERS

Blimey a Meet with my name on it. :o

There will be some pics that you have not seen before in print form I think, and definitely some from Phil.

It's my turn for duty on the 31st. Phil will be at his beloved Fulham watching them get hammered by Liverpool.
I'm off over there on Thursday so I'll suss out the catering facilities and keep you posted.

Cheers....Alan

Sandy

I might be able to make the meet. I will let you later

Sandy

ABERS

Went over yesterday to measure up. Nice parkland grounds, lake etc. plenty of birds (feathered), old architecture. Restaurant/snackbar facility and plenty of opportunity to photograph airliner undercarriages as they drop into Heathrow. ;)

picsfor

It would be good to see you again Sandy.

Alan thinks for the info. Sounds like you've peaked Martins interest with the birds...
Though in fairness i think most things become fair game now at the meets as we're gaining a bit more familiarity and expanding our horizons.

For those looking in - take it from me  what ever you may think of Alans pictures on the web, when you see them in print and properly mounted they acquire a whole new life, and Phil's work is not to be missed either.

Last time we had a trip to an exhibition down by Butlers Wharf we were some what amazed at what greeted us (other than Phil and Alan  ;D) and were left impressed but inspired.

irv_b

I have put the date down in my diary to keep clear- so see you there :tup:
Irv
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

ABERS

It's all up and open.

FYInfo

Osterley Park station is 0.8 miles from the venue. Checked it today (in the car of course
:-[). When you come out of the station turn left and about 50 yards along the A4 you will see the signs to Osterley Park. If you're on your knees by the time you reach the car park there is a Golf Caddy cart that is run as a shuttle bus and stops right outside the gallery, takes 6 people, over the last 250 metres.

nickt

The car park costs 3 pounds for all day.
Nick

picsfor

So should we also have a secondary meeting point by the gates for anyone going by car?

ABERS

The car park is at the top of the drive. Drive slowly over the speed restrictors, they are not humps more like tank traps! :o

nickt

The car park is at the top of the drive. Drive slowly over the speed restrictors, they are not humps more like tank traps!

Absolutely! If you were lucky enough to have TVR or something similar with low susupension, you could not make to the car park!

Nick

picsfor

OK - on the final countdown for this one - weather should hold out hopefully and should get a variety of shots.
Also get to see some of Alan and Phil's work again and get a free glass of water  ;D

Sandy

My train should be in Victoria before 1000. I hope to come but will decide tomorrow because I have had a cold for a few day but I think it is getting better and Iam looking forward to the meet.

Sandy

minky_monkey

I`m going to drive, it`s not that far that it`s worth coming into london to come back out again!

What time are you guys anticipating being at the venue?  And where do you want to meet?

picsfor

Not sure about exact train times on the tube.
Given the time at Vic is 10:00 - allowing for 15 minutes for late runners etc - does 11:00 - 11:15 sound ok by the gates or at the car park?

As an update - my train gets into Vic at 09:58 so i may not get to the swatch stand until 10:05

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.