• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 239
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 245
  • Total: 245
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Windows 7 switching off

Started by jinky, June 20, 2014, 02:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

Have you checked for a conflict in any screensaver settings etc.?

Also some programs like Skype hibernate as it were; to say you are not actively using the PC, perhaps it is something like that in an app causing the problem.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

Do you have an Nvidia graphics card? If so, what version of the driver are you running - it is reported that some of the latest drivers are not as stable as they ought to be. My Nvidia driver last updated automatically on 19th May.

If not (or even if) I think you may have to go back to the usual reason for a 41/63 error combination - some kind of component failure.

If you google 'power kernel event 41' you should find a bunch of help topics - THIS ONE. The sixth response down, from JMH 4th Nov 2011 has a list of links to tools that you can use to test the hardware, along with instructions on how to use them.

There is also the MS help page, which is typically geeky HERE
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

hssutton

I had exactly the same problem a week ago. I had installed Glary which had been running OK for a few days, but I went out for the day and when I got back home the PC had switched of with the same problem. Been no problem since I uninstalled Glary.

Harry

Hinfrance

Paul has already uninstalled Glary, and anyway Glary is an application that doesn't run any background services (unless you choose to run it on startup).
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

2Beers

You can always try turning of hibernation in the the power settings in control panel just set it to never hibernate as nowadays its not required as much as it used to as the newer monitors are all lcd/led unless you are using a crt monitor

Oldboy

Our PC's at work used to be on all the time and we didn't have any trouble with them. Some thinking suggest switching on and off the PC stresses the components and leads to a breakdown, but I haven't had this problem with either my laptops, tablets or desktops ever. I've put my PC and laptops into sleep mode many times and never had any trouble restarting them.  ???

jinky

Argh! So many tools / suggestions - most of which I don`t even understand. As H said I thought it might be Glary and uninstalled - no effect on the problem. My card is an AT Radeon HD 5670 and seems to be ok as it seems to gie the highest score on my pcs performance assessment.

I`ve taken off the hibernation switch for now but I am going to be better and switch off when i am not using it for longer spells and wait that little time for it to load up and see what happens.

hssutton

Jinky, since uninstalling Glary I've not had a problem and I certainly did not have a problem prior to installing the program. Did you run such as CCleaner after uninstalling Glary I did, as well as running my anti spyware/malaware programs (Superantispyware & Malawarebyte)

Harry

jinky

I`ll do that Harry. Since turning off the hibernation button it`s stayed on without problems so don`t know what that means.

I`ll try cc cleaner

Hinfrance

Quote from: hssutton on June 24, 2014, 07:45:24 PM
Jinky, since uninstalling Glary I've not had a problem and I certainly did not have a problem prior to installing the program. Did you run such as CCleaner after uninstalling Glary I did, as well as running my anti spyware/malaware programs (Superantispyware & Malawarebyte)

Harry

Glary doesn't run any background services or processes. None of this will make any difference as regards to Glary - this is easily checked by running process explorer, however the fact that you ran these extra tools may have removed whatever it was that was really causing the problem, possibly a driver or in rare cases software copyright protection. For clarity, a 41/63 error is strongly indicative of an underlying hardware problem.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

hssutton

"these extra tools may have removed whatever it was that was really causing the problem"

That is what I was implying. Did the download of Glary contain a nasty?

Harry

Hinfrance

I see Harry - did you get Glary from glarysoft.com?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

2Beers

Windows going into hibernation and refusing to wake up used to be a fairly common problem.

As has already been said it is probably an application that is running in the background thats causing the problem, you could try running MSCONFIG and untick any programs that you dont want running at startup this will also have the added benefit of windows starting quicker.

hssutton

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 25, 2014, 10:43:43 AM
I see Harry - did you get Glary from glarysoft.com?

Sorry, I'm not sure were I actually downloaded it from, but it may have been cnet.com

Harry

Beryl

Try' malwarebytes'. I had this problem until Steve owner of the computer shop where I used to work  cleaned it out with this program

It's free . It will say trial and when the trial ends you just click on End Trial and it reverts the free program.
It is very good
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.