• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 132
  • Total: 132
  • Google
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

I used a Canon 5D MkIII today

Started by donoreo, March 31, 2012, 01:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donoreo

It felt good in my hands.  It felt so good.  My precious :) 

It did feel good, it was well balanced and light.  It only had a 50 f/1.8, which weighs nothing, on it.  I actually expected it to be heavier and slightly larger.  It is very quite as well, the shutter is quiet and apparently that was not in "silent" mode. 

The LCD is great, nice a sharp and I found compared to my iPhone 4s. 

I did not have that long to play with it to really try out things, but I did take a few photos at ISO 3200 and zoomed in and could not see noise at all (hardly a real test, but on my 450D I can!). 

Must have....I mentioned it to my wife who seemed to not care.  Was that approval?  Hmmmmmm

Hinfrance

Quote from: donoreo on March 31, 2012, 01:20:47 AM
Must have....I mentioned it to my wife who seemed to not care.  Was that approval?  Hmmmmmm

No. It was a dare. You have been warned. ::)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 31, 2012, 07:31:42 AM
Quote from: donoreo on March 31, 2012, 01:20:47 AM

No. It was a dare. You have been warned. ::)

Ignore the advise above.
   She did'nt say no. This is one of those Nike moments..."Just do it!"

Graham. :tup: :legit:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

donoreo

I know, she did not right out say "Do what you want"....we all know that does not actually mean that I should do what I want  ;)  I think she was actually "Yes Dearing" me. 

Graham

Quote from: donoreo on March 31, 2012, 11:45:56 AM
I know, she did not right out say "Do what you want"....we all know that does not actually mean that I should do what I want  ;)  I think she was actually "Yes Dearing" me.
Well there you have it then, she said "Yes"!

All together now...... "Doo It, doo it, doo it!"
              Graham. ;D
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Cathus

donoreo

Seriously, I cannot.  I only have one EF mount (50 mm f/1.8) so it would be way too much.  In all likelihood I would get a 7D MkII. 

picsfor

Quote from: donoreo on April 01, 2012, 01:55:43 AM
Seriously, I cannot.  I only have one EF mount (50 mm f/1.8) so it would be way too much.  In all likelihood I would get a 7D MkII.

There are many that believe the 5D3 is the replacement to the 7D.

I mean - how can you not love that AF - it is gorgeous, (drool, drool). I'm banking on getting a 5D3 for my "Happy 5D3day" :-)
Even Mrs B has indicated that she can see some benefits over the 5D2 - but she won't let me get 2 of them  :-\ :-X ::)

wavemachine

Saddly I have had a firm no tbh I am happy with my 7D although the biggy for me on the 5D Mk III is the noise handling and better low light AF although the 7D crop factor does come in very handy which is where I feel full frame maybe isn't right for me.
My Flickr
366 Project

Dave

Turn to the dark side, we have tea and biscuits

mondmagu

Would love to have the mkIII but sadly no funds.Not worth robbing a bank over here now,they don't even have money now!!!!! :'( :'(

Des
Des
www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.