• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 148
  • Total: 148
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

My new lens has arrived at Calumet in Birmingham.  :tup:

spinner

Woke up in warm, slightly humid, partly sunny Florida!!

The drive down was no great shakes though. As I was approaching Tampa drove into the middle of a Tropical Storm. The heaviest rain I can remember. Lost sight of the actual road in the seconds it took to turn wipers on.  :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on November 19, 2015, 04:08:26 PM

The drive down was no great shakes though. As I was approaching Tampa drove into the middle of a Tropical Storm. The heaviest rain I can remember. Lost sight of the actual road in the seconds it took to turn wipers on.  :'(

You mean they have roads in Florida..........whatever next!  ::)

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on November 19, 2015, 05:25:37 PM

Oh, don't get me started about the 'detour' Google Maps took me on. Down through Redneck country. No overhead lighting, windy road. Stopped one place for gas and all I could think about was the movie Deliverance.  :legit:
Ol' blue eyes

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on November 19, 2015, 05:42:34 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on November 19, 2015, 05:25:37 PM

Oh, don't get me started about the 'detour' Google Maps took me on. Down through Redneck country. No overhead lighting, windy road. Stopped one place for gas and all I could think about was the movie Deliverance.  :legit:

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

spinner

Amazing, got a call from Carnival Cruise Lost and Found. They found my cell phone. I guess I dropped it somewhere in my cabin. They FedEx'd it to me.  :D

Now I just need the tablet repair guy to get his business reopened.
Ol' blue eyes

Reinardina

Good to know there are still honest people around!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

David Blandford

Finally got My Pentax K50 back today after being a month without it  :tup:  The list of work carried out includes replacing Mechanical assembly, repairs to shutter & Mirror Mechanism plus re calibration and cleaning. Luck it was done under warranty! ;D
still trying to paint with light!!

Oldboy

Quote from: New Forest Man on December 24, 2015, 05:04:48 PM
Finally got My Pentax K50 back today after being a month without it  :tup:  The list of work carried out includes replacing Mechanical assembly, repairs to shutter & Mirror Mechanism plus re calibration and cleaning. Luck it was done under warranty! ;D

Got my D800 back on Tuesday after parting with £611.36p.  :yikes:

Jediboy

Quote from: Oldboy on December 24, 2015, 06:23:55 PM
Quote from: New Forest Man on December 24, 2015, 05:04:48 PM

Got my D800 back on Tuesday after parting with £611.36p.  :yikes:

OUCH!!
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Hinfrance

Yesterday actually.

The replacement for the smashed Metz arrived yesterday - a Sigma EF-610 Super. Not the same quality as the Metz for sure, but works well enough and the menu system is much easier to use than the German one.

So with nothing to lose I took the Metz apart, managed to lose a spring in the process (the one that puts the ball bearing controlling the head rotation under tension). I replaced that with a bit of a small cable tie bent in half to give some elasticity. I taped up the gap in the broken lens, dumped the wide angle lens and bounce card in the bin as the mountings for both of them were completely destroyed, and gave the wide angle switch a severe talking to with a precision screwdriver. I also applied a certain amount of physical persuasion to the zoom gears. Result is that it now sort of works. So it can be a spare/slave. I think its random power behaviour after the 'incident' may have been due to the motorised zoom being jammed.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Alfonso_Frisk

WMMFGT ?
One of my shots has been chosen to appear in next months " The Scots Magazine"
Only an eighth of a page inclusion but at least something.

TBH I had not heard of the mag before but I am told it does go worldwide and very popular with all the ex pats.  :)
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Hinfrance

Congratulations - a good feeling for sure.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Simple

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on January 21, 2016, 12:49:02 PM
WMMFGT ?

TBH I had not heard of the mag before but I am told it does go worldwide and very popular with all the ex pats.  :)

Congrats! It is always nice to see your work in print with your name added ofcourse!

Oldboy

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on January 21, 2016, 12:49:02 PM
WMMFGT ?

Drinks are on Alf.... :beer: :beer: :beer:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.