• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 26
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 28
  • Total: 28
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on May 17, 2014, 11:51:58 AM
So, Mac to Win7 then Win 7 to Mac.
:o

That's the thing about MS it works and does what you want to do.  :D

jinky

Heard on the radio - "African nations declare war on Procol Harum" - was " A Whiter Shade of Pale" really so bad!  :legit:

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on May 18, 2014, 07:36:29 AM
Heard on the radio - "African nations declare war on Procol Harum" - was " A Whiter Shade of Pale" really so bad!  :legit:

It's one of my favourite records.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

BBQ with friends and the new residents last evening. Apparently the most trying thing about moving into a new neighbourhood is having to find out where to buy good meat and quality fresh vegetables. So very French.

The new chap is a patissier. He told the story of how in his first job out of college, on his first day in the bakery of a large supermarket he made 1200 pain aux raisins. The trouble was that the salt and sugar were in identical bins next to each other and he picked the wrong one . . It was only when customers started returning them in droves that his faux pas came to light. They didn't fire him, but they did label the bins ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

It transpires that SNCF (French railways) have ordered 341 new locomotives, and deliveries have started. Good news: except that the new locomotives are up to 20cm too wide for some 1300 stations. I bet the internal blame game is quite something.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hinfrance

According to our dear leaders, when ISIS are fighting Assad they are the good guys (even though they are as close to evil incarnate as you can get), but when they are invading Iraq they are, well, as close to evil incarnate as you can get*. Politicians, nothing if not discerning and consistent.

*actually, they are.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 12, 2014, 08:04:45 AM
According to our dear leaders, when ISIS are fighting Assad they are the good guys (even though they are as close to evil incarnate as you can get), but when they are invading Iraq they are, well, as close to evil incarnate as you can get*. Politicians, nothing if not discerning and consistent.

*actually, they are.

Yes, but they won't attack the Kurds, as they would wipe the floor with them.  ???

Cabbyjohn

*actually, they are.

It shouldn't last long before it's all sorted amicably. The Middle East Peace Envoy, our very own Mr T. Blair will have them all hugging and kissing each other  before you can say, "Where's your next lucrative speaking engagement Mr B."?   ::)

Andrew

Quote from: Cabbyjohn on June 12, 2014, 06:53:17 PM

*actually, they are.

It shouldn't last long before it's all sorted amicably. The Middle East Peace Envoy, our very own Mr T. Blair will have them all hugging and kissing each other  before you can say, "Where's your next lucrative speaking engagement Mr B."?   ::)

Ah - Mr T. - the Devils Advocate.

I wouldn't give him the time of day, and I certainly wouldn't trust him to tell the truth as it is - only the trith that fits with how we wants things to have been.

If ever I get the time, I suppose I should not hold back and say what I think about him and his wife.

just need to speak to my solicitior to see how much I can say that will be upheld in court  :knuppel2:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

ABERS

"Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg says all English schools should have qualified teachers"    ???

Mick

Quote from: ABERS on June 13, 2014, 08:14:53 AM

"Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg says all English schools should have qualified teachers"    ???

hmm. to me that's more worrying than bemusing.  ???
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Mick on June 13, 2014, 08:19:09 AM
Quote from: ABERS on June 13, 2014, 08:14:53 AM

hmm. to me that's more worrying than bemusing.  ???

Perhaps the Conservative austerity promoted unqualified staff to save the Gov' taxpayer some money  :uglystupid2:  Imigration for Brains will be on the agenda soon  :D
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

I suspect that by 'qualified' Clegg simply means Guardian subscribers.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 13, 2014, 12:57:08 PM

Apparently Ed Mil' , Clegg and Cameron subscribe, well posed with a free edition of the Sun  :doh: :D :2funny: :legit:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

ABERS

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 13, 2014, 12:57:08 PM

I would hazard a guess he meant that the teacher should be proficient in five or six other languages besides English, which he or she would need for the odd few whose native tongue it was.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.