• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 47
  • Total: 47
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglefire

Last night actually.

Finding out a photography friend of mine who lost his wife to Cancer last year has been given between 3 and 9months. Also cancer.

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Kerry Holt

Quote from: anglefire on February 13, 2016, 08:57:17 AM
Last night actually.

Finding out a photography friend of mine who lost his wife to Cancer last year has been given between 3 and 9months. Also cancer.

Sorry to hear that, it's quite a blow. :'(

Hinfrance

Trying to fill in an online form, only to come across this, yet again:

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

SimonW

I sympathize. I'm trying to connect a WiFi HP printer to a replaced router. The printer displays the router's SSID and asks for the password, which I enter. Then it says it cannot find the SSID.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

anglefire

Quote from: kerry holt on February 13, 2016, 10:10:58 AM
Quote from: anglefire on February 13, 2016, 08:57:17 AM
Last night actually.

Sorry to hear that, it's quite a blow. :'(

Yeah it is. One of the nicest people I know.
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Alfonso_Frisk

I feel for you matey.
This week my wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer and will be having a mastectomy on the 24th.
We are keeping very positive and look at this op as a life saver.
Horrid horrid disease that just creeps up and bites you on the arse and hurts so many people directly and indirectly.

http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

anglefire

I hope all goes to plan.

Yes it is a horrid disease - not sure it will ever go away.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

ABERS

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on February 14, 2016, 09:34:03 AM
I feel for you matey.
This week my wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer and will be having a mastectomy on the 24th.
We are keeping very positive and look at this op as a life saver.
Horrid horrid disease that just creeps up and bites you on the arse and hurts so many people directly and indirectly.

Every good wish that all turns out for the best Alf. Having gone through where you are at now  my  somewhat  feeble advice is  to view the glass as half full, it worked for us over the 15 years my wife fought  it. Good fortune.

Simple

All the best Alf. been there done it. My wife was diagnosed 11 years ago. We just keep going on. My wife and myself had a lot of support from a Breast cancer support group. We later ended up running it for a couple of years.

Reinardina

Hope all goes well. Best wishes to both of you.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Alfonso_Frisk

Thank you all for the kind words and support.  :tup:
Abers,  nice to see you posting again fella :tup:
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Oldboy

jinky

After putting together 3 hours of research on my next trip in s word document and opening multiple windows in Firefox on my Dell my screen goes black. Happened a couple of weeks or so back to using Firefox when at that time it flashed that signal was lost between pc card / monitor before flashing on again. Looked it up and seems common with people saying a virtual memory issue putting it into screen save mode. I did have lots of windows open. If it wasn't for the word document being unsaved I'd do a forced restart but some suggest it will come out of sleep mode in an hour. Likely or wishful thinking? Any other way of getting it out of sleep mode? HELP!!! Loads of wedding images to do next too. Hope it's not going to be a problem

Ah well. No joy with the  sleep mode ending after an hour so the old switch it off and turn it back on again mode. Seems to be booting OK so I'll alter virtual memory settings in line with some advice I got and regret my schoolboy error of not saving my document as I go! Grrrrrr!  I rarely do that either. :uglystupid2:

And thank goodness for autosave - word document there to save properly when I got booted up. Now wonder what the issue is and worry about my editing needs!

Oldboy

In power options you need to set turn off display to never. In control panel select System and Security and select System then select Advanced System Settings.  This will open the System Properties window, click on the Advanced Tab and then on the Performance Settings. This will open the window to allow you to change the Virtual Memory settings. If you have 16gb  of memory installed then change it to 5gb and see how you get on.  :tup:

jinky

It says my current "total paging size for all drives is 6071MB"
When I hit change it says Minimum allowed is 16mb Recommended is 9106 and currently allocated is 6071 as a system managed size. Gives me the option to custom size it and fill in 2 boxes
Initial size ?
Maximum size ?
Your 16gb suggestion seems out of kilter with what I am seeing.
I was getting a windows falg stating that my AMD/ATI video driver had stopped working on the two occasions I had problems but clicking for an online solution brought nothing up suggesting I try again later. Seems OK again for now. Not sure if I should do anything.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.