• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 30
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 43
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Photo of the day or edit of the day

Started by oRGie, March 24, 2009, 10:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Interesting. Is this one of those 'drowned forests,' that have become visible again?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

donoreo

I like that.  The conversion is great. 

Reinardina

My life at the moment, is like a rollercoaster. The excitement of workmen coming and going, lots of dust and mess, and in between just sitting about waiting for a delivery.
While waiting, I've been playing with Topaz's Remask. Supposedly so easy, but bl**dy difficult in my opinion. Especially in the backlit hair department.
I should have double checked this, as the hair is far from perfect. Had to use a coloured back ground to 'mask' it.
But a lovely toddler anyway; now doubled.

Identical:

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

That's the one I used H. It inspired me to have a go again.

It is indeed quicker than the 'normal' procedure, but still, I found it difficult to find all the 'background' hidden in the blond hair!
As I said, I had to put it on a coloured background to hide the things I missed.

Hinfrance

If the background is very close to the colour of the hair then you will have to use the precision selective colour options. I have always found Remask to be extremely effective myself.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

I haven't used it much, as my present photography does not require it. I simply may need more practice. My poor eyesight plays a part as well, of course, when it comes to the 'finer things in life/photography.'

ABERS

North Norfolk Harvest Sky, a holiday snap.

One for my Chocolate Box collection. I was determined not to photograph a windmill whilst in Norfolk a couple of weeks ago, but go round any corner and Bingo! there's another one. ;)

ABERS

Just love those wide Norfolk Skies with a wide angle lens.

Sandy

Using a wide angle does make the most of the sky.

Reinardina

The wide open skies of the Netherlands inspired many a great painter; there is something about them, especially with great clouds, that triggers the urge to 'do' something with them.

Reinardina

With grand scale refurbishment plans, I regularly take my camera into shops, to photograph items I like. (It's so much easier than taking notes!)

Last Saturday, I noticed quite a number of people just 'sitting around.' This is one of them. If I had had the courage, I'd come home with a lot more, but I was a bit conscious, as it is not a public place of course.

ABERS

Wrecked Rectangles.

Liked the geometric rectangles that this old fishermans hut windows made. Whilst it was in pretty bad shape previously, the storm surges that hit the east coast last Winter reduced it to a delightfully dilapidated heap.

Gave it a harsh contrast in a soot and whitewash treatment.

DigiDiva

I like the subject, the composition, the B&W conversion and the processing of this Abers. Well done.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

Don mentioned Halloween, which reminded me, I still had a 'scary' photo, waiting to be developed.

Just gave it some tweaks and treatment and here it is. Ready for a good, scary bedtime story.

The Hand ...

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.