• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 171
  • Total: 171
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT: THE BEST IN SHOW

Started by ABERS, August 18, 2013, 07:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 23, 2013, 08:05:21 AM
Quote from: Beaux Reflets on August 22, 2013, 06:53:32 PM
Quote from: Hinfrance on August 22, 2013, 06:28:20 PM
I don't think Abers would want to exclude your picture Andy, but maybe he'll let us know his ruling on that one.

Just looked at mine on the uncalibrated laptop, having edited it on a monitor that my Spyder 4 Pro says is bang on, and it looks magenta toned on the lappie. Oh well!

To be honest Howard, I would rather go in with a 'single shot' entry as I reckon getting it right in camera is what it is really about - It is a shame I did not keep the best one of the originals in tact (due to clicking the wrong save drop down at the wrong moment ) :uglystupid2:

Do you not still have the image on the camera card, maybe recoverable with something like Pandora or PC Inspector?

Meanwhile I'm in with my magenta tinged shot. Rose tinted spectacles and all that ;)

Cleaned the camera memory unfortunately.

You have done a nice series of shots by the way Howard - The rose colour is probably quite apt, as well as the depiction with upside down flag   :(   Dear Old Blighty lost her edge in my liking long ago  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

spikeyjen

Quote from: Reinardina on August 23, 2013, 09:49:53 AM
Quote from: spikeyjen on August 23, 2013, 09:41:48 AM
not sure I will make it this weekend, I'm sick (genuinely sick), and running out of mojo!

Concentrate on getting better; if you manage that, the mojo will be running back to you. (Do they run?)

Best of luck for both.

thanks for this. it's also the last weekend for our club's exhibition so I doubt I'll even get the camera out, unless of course there is a perfect misty morning (which I doubt given it hasn't stopped raining for 5 days) Looking forward to what the others come up with.

Reinardina

Quote from: spikeyjen on August 23, 2013, 11:19:25 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on August 23, 2013, 09:49:53 AM
Quote from: spikeyjen on August 23, 2013, 09:41:48 AM
not sure I will make it this weekend, I'm sick (genuinely sick), and running out of mojo!

Concentrate on getting better; if you manage that, the mojo will be running back to you. (Do they run?)

Best of luck for both.

thanks for this. it's also the last weekend for our club's exhibition so I doubt I'll even get the camera out, unless of course there is a perfect misty morning (which I doubt given it hasn't stopped raining for 5 days) Looking forward to what the others come up with.

Misty mornings are seldom there, when you have time to photograph them. At least here!

But you never know that crops up. I'd say have your camera ready at all times. Or at least a small point and shoot, 'just in case.'

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

Don't know if it was Alan's encouragement to 'have fun,' or Jen's longing for 'misty mornings,' but I had fun, and ended up with this:

Dream Holiday, or Holiday Dream?

spikeyjen

very nice Reinardina, I like the vignette, makes it feel like he hiding away

DigiDiva

Ditto..a nice entry Reinardina
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

ABERS

Well that's three entries, With three days to go it looks like the CC Club's annual exhibition will be held in a phone box near Manningtree, which is appropriate, since Manningtree is supposedly the smallest town in England.  ;)

Message for Spikeyjen. I've seen lots of remarkable pictures taken at art/photo exhibitions, misty or not. :tup:

Reinardina

Jen and Chris, thanks for the compliment.

Alan, I think those 'three days to go' maybe the cause, there aren't any more entries yet. You can take a hell of a lot of photographs in three days.
I took some peculiar ones yesterday, that I haven't properly looked at.

As it's a Bank Holiday, people may be waiting for 'Bank Holiday Things' to photograph.

I notice ABERS hasn't entered anything either. Yet.

Have a great weekend all of you!

ABERS

Quote from: Reinardina on August 24, 2013, 07:53:12 AM

I'm not too sure which of the dozen or so images to enter.  :-\  ;)

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on August 24, 2013, 08:03:29 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on August 24, 2013, 07:53:12 AM

I'm not too sure which of the dozen or so images to enter.  :-\  ;)

Join the club. I still don't know if I did the right thing, and, as someone said, three days to go yet. (Two by now.)

Reinardina

I now know, that my dreamy angler will not be my entry, so I'll take it off, once I have finally made up my mind!

Had a look at the Bank Holiday Fair yesterday, and even though there were hardly any people, I came home with a few shots I quite like. On my way home I took some of the local Common (where the fairground is) and one of those, I quite like as well.

But, to be honest, I don't really know which one would be 'Best in (my) Show'!   :-\

Thank goodness it's raining today, otherwise I might have gone out and made life even more difficult. (Choosing entry-wise.)

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Reinardina on August 25, 2013, 12:22:29 PM
I now know, that my dreamy angler will not be my entry, so I'll take it off, once I have finally made up my mind!

Had a look at the Bank Holiday Fair yesterday, and even though there were hardly any people, I came home with a few shots I quite like. On my way home I took some of the local Common (where the fairground is) and one of those, I quite like as well.

But, to be honest, I don't really know which one would be 'Best in (my) Show'!   :-\

Thank goodness it's raining today, otherwise I might have gone out and made life even more difficult. (Choosing entry-wise.)

Choosing from possibles is always tough, and in the end I have settled on the energy held within a single shot straight from the camera (bar a wee tweak to contrast and digital noise) or perhaps going for simplicity (which may be more suited to next weeks challenge   ;) :2funny:)

The Power of Three

Good luck to all in your final selections
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

SimonW

I'm not having much luck with this. The shot I wanted to take needed dusk, a wet road and a train. On Tuesday it was pouring with rain, but unexpectedly reduced to drizzle at 8:30 so I dashed out and just missed a train. Waited for half an hour as in got darker and the rain got heavier, decided to give up. Took the camera off the tripod, then the signal changed, so very hurried replaced it, didn't get time to check the settings - and it was an un-timetabled goods train.

Having checked the timetable I went back last night and snapped this even though it wasn't quite dark or wet enough. There's 80 minutes before the next train (either direction) after this one, by when it would be far too dark, so it's the best I can do till the evenings draw in a little.

Meantime I had taken another shot I might have entered, but now I see Andy has already entered a very similar shot to this.

Oh well, the week isn't over yet....
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

ABERS

Finally got some images sorted out after a trip midweek to Kingston. Found a graffiti covered fence, the ubiquitous Kingston Telephone Box Sculpture, and some harsh light on a white boat house.

Decided to combine a couple of shots. Muck about with another couple.

I thought I'd enter the one below, and added a matte as if it was being entered for possible selection in a real exhibition

Excercise in Blue and Red.

Graffiti Fence

Turk's Boathouse.

P.S I may change my mind! :-\

Reinardina

I realised I found my original entry (dreamy angler) a bit wishy-washy and wanted something bolder.

So I considered this

or this

Then I came across this

after visiting the fair where I found a 'Madonna'

As this shot was not bold enough, in the end, I decided on this one:

And all day tomorrow to change my mind!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.