• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 286
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 293
  • Total: 293
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beryl

Quote from: Reinardina on April 25, 2016, 06:15:27 PM
I too was wondering what had happened to you.

I have never heard a positive comment on/about Talk Talk.

Well you have now

I have been with Tiscali TalkTalk for many years and can't say a thing untoward about them. They chat line is helpful and over all I wouldn't swap them for any of the others.

TalkTalk Highly recommended
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Hinfrance

And yet there is still no sign of Oldboy . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

hssutton

Quote from: Oldboy on April 25, 2016, 12:20:37 PM
AOL broadband which is now owned by TalkTalk. Haven't had home broadband since 20th March. All my contact is with people in India who don't understand English. I quote, "I've had no Broadband at home since 20th March. Phoned help number many times, received a new modem but still no broadband. Phoned BT who checked my line and said it was OK. Phoned help again to be told that it's a problem with my telephone line and to contact BT. I'm sorry but my broadband contract is with you, so it is you who should chase it up not me. If I haven't been reconnected by Friday 29th April I will cancel the contract with yourselves and look for another provider. I also expect a refund, as I'm paying for a service that I can't use. Also, I have Microsoft Office based in the cloud that I can't used due to lack of broadband". As I used the word cancel I was transferred to the cancel department! Both of the agents said they had read what I had written but it appears they didn't comprehend what I said! Words fail me.

I'm on TalkTalk and I'm quite happy, but they were 4 days late in the change over, in my case this was not a problem as I was able to continue with the BT service. My son who has just moved house who is also with TalkTalk had a problem getting connected, after two weeks without broadband he complained and they arranged for one of their engineers to call. However the same morning his broadband started working, so he called TalkTalk. The conversation went like this " hi my broadband started working this morning" their reply was "if you want to cancel the visit you will be charged" my sons reply. "in that case I will keep the appointment" The engineer called and check that everything was OK. Then spent probably half  hour chatting to both of us. He told us it was a common problem with TalkTalk not making the connection. or not dealing with BT to get the change over.. In my case and also my sons case we complained by email and received pretty good service

hssutton

I downloaded Picturesque today, it's an amazing program as it sorts out all your photos and rejects the poor ones. This program is going to save me a great deal of time. Today I photographed 20 flowers and it rejected all of them :) Can watch football now as I've no photos to edit.

Harry

spinner

Decided that I would rip all my CD's to Lossless audio. Amazed myself with the amount of music I own. Found CD's I have played in decades. Much to Wifey's discontent, been sitting in my basement listening to it for hours.  :D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

Excellent!

For us it was another Saturday, another thunderstorm, another power outage. And it was a generator on 2 pumps (around 8000 litres per hour) just to keep the water out of the garage - which already has two large drains in front of it.

The cat was scared witness too, following us around mewing constantly. A real scaredy cat.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 29, 2016, 09:24:58 AM
Excellent!

For us it was another Saturday, another thunderstorm, another power outage. And it was a generator on 2 pumps (around 8000 litres per hour) just to keep the water out of the garage - which already has two large drains in front of it.

The cat was scared witness too, following us around mewing constantly. A real scaredy cat.
Was he just a scared witness or was he witless too  ;)

Hinfrance

He has just the one wit; even that deserted him ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

jinky

Found my cat on the lawn yesterday surrounded by magpies and absolutely terrified. Mind you I wouldn't take on those big buggers!

Hinfrance

Our maggies and cat seem to be on good terms, one of the magpies even comes to the door and squawks until the cat comes out. Cat then ventures out (if he's in the mood/awake) whereupon he lies down gently swishing his tail while the magpie plays chase with it.

It's the jays that are always mobbing the cat. Nasty beggars, jays.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

ABERS

Working in the garden yesterday, accompanied  by the two resident Robins, I noticed one of them settled on the fence above a bush and began chirping away and bobbing up and down in time with it, I'd  never seen such behaviour  before.

This carried on for some time and when I walked over to have a look, next door's tabby sprang out from under the bush and scooted down the garden. 1-0 to the Robin. 😆

Reinardina

I know the mob call of the black bird, but have never seen a robin, trying to warn its young, or trying to distract a cat.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: jinky on June 07, 2016, 09:56:52 AM
Found my cat on the lawn yesterday surrounded by magpies and absolutely terrified. Mind you I wouldn't take on those big buggers!
Hate magpies, horrible nest robbing sods.
Had a few in my air gun sights over the years. :knuppel2:
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Hinfrance

Beg to differ Alf. Magpies are beautiful and intelligent. They are most certainly not the most predatory of birds (see 'jays' above for example), and certainly don't kill as many chicks as domestic cats which decimate the local small fauna, and not for food, just for the hell of it.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Alfonso_Frisk

The Urban Magpie population has increased significantly where I live. Nearly as many Mags as the flying rat wood pigeons that eat anything and everything.
On a daily basis I see them robbing nests.
wonder what they taste like  :knuppel2: ;D
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.