• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 36
  • Total: 36
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Who's who

Started by Sarasocke, September 26, 2009, 08:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren1978

Should be pretty obvious what my name is, but to avoid any confusion, its Darren, born in 1978 and hey preto....you arrive at my username!  I'm Darren1978 pretty much everywhere on the internet...the only reason I use the same username is that we have to remember so many username/passwords these days I thought it would easier for me to only have to remember one username  ;)

I have recently moved to Littlehampton, West Sussex with my girlfriend where we brought a new build house (tip: do not believe developers when they say it is a less stressful process than purchasing a house in the more traditional way!) and have lived in West Sussex all my life.

I've liked photography for a good few years, but its only been in the last 3 years that I've been into in a more enthusiastic way  :)  Don't have a preference for a particular area of photography but one thing you won't see much of in any of my galleries is portraits....that area of photography scares me  :-[

Chris P

Well I'm Chris.  29 years old and live in Guildford with my girlfriend.

I'm a scientist by training.  Did my BSc at the University of Wolverhampton, MSc at the University of Surrey and now I'm doing my doctorate studying the immunology of tuberculosis in collaboration with the University of Birmingham (there is really no point in me explaining it any further as people's faces tend to glaze over very quickly!).

I've been into photography for about 5 years now - started with a 35mm Pentax MZ-50, then a Canon Powershot S3 IS bridge camera, then an Olympus E-510 and now a Nikon D90.  I don't classify myself as a newbie but refer to myself more as an enthusiastic amateur.

My presence on forums tends to be intermittent as my PhD often requires huge amounts of time and I've been known to disappear for over a month at work once...  dunno why I do it really!

krennon

I'm Keith (Krennon is merely a user name as I tried to log into a site one as Keith and I could have Keith195783621835792 or something like that anyway)
My father is a retired pro of fine arts and antiques, I used to go out on jobs with him and have seen some beautiful and bizarre things (including genuine shrunken heads) in my life. He used to use a whole plate Gandolfi (and half plate and both 120 and 35mm Rolleis I think they were)
I never got the photography bug though as said elsewhere maybe it was "to close to home" at the time, until my wife bought me a Kodak 3.1mp compact which I still have and sometimes use (actually shot a friends wedding on it about 3 years ago) then I moved onto a fuji s6500 fd bridge (which I have sold), and now have a SONY A350 with an 18-70 & a 70-200.
I live in Surbiton in a small house with my wife and our cat Salem...that's me done....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

minky_monkey

Real name: Martin.  Minky_monkey on every site I go on.  Never seems to be a problem getting that name, can`t think why.... :)

I`ve been into photography for about 5 years I suppose, and have met some cracking people through various meets and seen places I certainly wouldn`t have thought I`d go to!

vxisme

Known as vxisme on just about everything i was on, flickr included, Donny real name,  live just outside Glasgow (doon the water)
i had a Vauxhall at the time of picking a name, sort of stuck. :0, 56 at present and just got early retirement, well official date is 31st Oct,  apart from photography my  other love is golf which i intend to get more in now im finished working.
Donny  My Gallery

happypaddler

I go by happypaddler on all forums, real name Tim. My other sport is (was when I was able to take part) white water kayaking - I was actually a fairly highly qualified coach until I let my membership to the sports governing body lapse. I am 30 and currently living in Nottingham with my wife and nearly 2 year old son. I am back at university, about to complete a masters degree. I am currently trying to secure funding to go full time and do my PhD (looking at how police identify suspects who may have mental health problems - my academic (and some employment) area is law and criminology).

I got into photography initially through my father who is now a retired pro. He's worked for all the armed forces - taking various hush hush photos and many which were not - including some really cleaver photos of ballistics in mid flight showing the air flow around the shell. I then spent some time travelling around the world on a gap 18 months. With my first slr and a couple of lenses I learned how to use the camera properly. Since going to a DSLR, I must confess to not having time to learn how to use it anywhere near as well.

spinner

Quote from: vxisme on September 28, 2009, 11:12:15 PM
 live just outside Glasgow (doon the water)

hay fare doon the water? I was born in Dumbartonshire. Still have family in Clydebank.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Malcolm1938

My name is Malcolm and I'm 21 years old with 50 years experience.

I made a living from child portraiture for many years and have done other social photography from time to time. I also did some news work when living in the north of Scotland.

32 years ago I took on a second wife and she came with 4 children - I decided it was better for one English man to move into Wales than for five Welsh people to move out - a decision I have never regretted.

As this part of Wales contains too many working photographers I decided to go into selling and gave up on photography for about 20 years - Digital lured me back and I now enjoy photography as much as I used to.

My Avatar is my home, a small hotel in Wales which is managed by my wife - It will only change if we move or if Mick and Co think I'm using it for advertising purposes.

I word of advice - no matter what happens dont give up photography - it's the best hobby in the world....

FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

daisiemaetulip

well i'm Sandra, i'm DMT or daisiemaetulip pretty much everywhere, simply because nobody else seems to have the same name!
i have three children and four beautiful grandchildren, i'm 48 but inside i think i'm 35!
i was born i Ipswich and raised around the woodbridge area, so cant really claim the illustrious title of "Essex girl" lol although i do collect handbags!
i have six cats a dog and several koi..
until recently i worked with the clacton animal aid at the cat rescue centre, but due to a knackered knee and buggered up back had to give it up.. pretty much the same reason i am no longer a nurse despite almost four years training!
i started photography with a zenith (didn't we all!) when i used to take photos at the banger racing track where my husband and i used to race..
i met (Bolton) Dave on here and we now live together in clacton..
i used to enjoy going on meets when i was a member of pinguish, or photo ping whatever they call themselves these days.. and hope to soon start going on the dcm/cc meets..

Sandy

Iam Sandy here and on the Pentax forum. I was born Sandra, however when I started work there was already a Sandra so I became a Sandy which I prefer. I have lived in the Maidstone area and have not lived anywhere else thou I do enjoy travel. I have just reached the big six o so treated myself to a new camera a Pentax k7.

Sandy

Steve9091

Well I'm Steve, just like on here I was Steve9091 on DCM where I used to stay in the background and on Flickr I have been active since about 2005 but have recently started to become fed up with having logos and meaning less invites added to the comments on my photos.

After ready everyones post before mine on the thread it would seem I am one of the younger ones at 31.  I currently live in Southampton, Hampshire so I am lucky enough to be in easy reach of interesting subjects and places, the sea and coast from Sussex to Devon, ships, the New Forest, the Cotswolds and London.

I currently use a D50 and dream of a D700 and a Sigma 10-20mm, however I have a son whos nearly two and another on the way that prevent me from splashing out.

Hopefully in a few years I will be running my own business and I could afford to splash out, unless that lottery win comes around.

Anyhow nice to meet you all.

alan1j

Hi Everyone, Alan's the name and photography the game.. Started out in the late 80s with Minolta when they turned autofocus on the account that I'm blind as a bat and have one leg...Oops, sorry that's the monopod..LOL. Seriously only used to dabble in this hobby from time to time until I started shooting Classic cars and Motorsport, then started getting more involved when I brought a Sony a100, the cost of shooting film starting to be massively uninspiring on the account I may only get one good shot from a couple of rolls Joined DCM as it was such a welcoming place. Since then my photography has evolved quite some and I hardly ever shoot cars at all now. Still a long way to go on this journey of light, finding myself as I go along the way looking at many things in a completely different way..
The j in my username is the initial of my surname and where the 1 came from I have no idea. The other side of 45, rapidly reaching 50 it seems although no way do I feel it..LOL. Three kids and the missus in tow. And  my trusty Labrador, whom normally goes shooting with me. So not a gundog, more a togdog..LOL.  :)

Hybridphotog

Quote from: daisiemaetulip on October 01, 2009, 07:59:18 PM
Hmm... if memory serves me, it was on DCM that we met. ;)
I'm sure the head honcho will like the fact that with CC being so very similar to old DCM, you've got the two forums mixed-up. ;)

daisiemaetulip

Quote from: Hybridphotog on October 05, 2009, 04:35:42 PM
Quote from: daisiemaetulip on October 01, 2009, 07:59:18 PM
Hmm... if memory serves me, it was on DCM that we met. ;)
I'm sure the head honcho will like the fact that with CC being so very similar to old DCM, you've got the two forums mixed-up. ;)

ohhh i meant on the forums/computer/dcm/somewhere/everywhere!
hahaha//   :D :D :hehe: :hehe:  :legit:

DaveB

Yup you guessed it, My name is David. David Bracher on DCM and Testchamber on Flickr. I'm a self employed Illustrator and have been for over 20 years. I'm 48 but like most blokes I'm a big kid at heart. I have nightmares about having to do a 'proper job' as my mum would call it or doing photography full time. I'd rather take photos of what I want than interpreting someone else's ideas....I do that all day with art so why spoil a great hobby. I guess I'm mainly known for my aviation shots.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.