• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 55
  • Total: 55
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Definition of a train: a mobile contagious disease transmission system that goes from nowhere near where you are to nowhere near you want to go at a time you don't want to go there and for a price you don't want to pay.

Bit like a plane really, but at least those journeys are over with relatively quickly. ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Getting up to see that Dodgy Dave, in a blind panic, is at it again. Threatening  those of pensionable age with all sorts cataclysmic consequences  if there is a vote to quit the EU. What he fails to understand is that the majority of that demographic group comprise the people who were conned into it in '75 and  as the old saying goes 'once bitten twice shy" applies.

Another mistake is  that section of the population  doesn't  scare all that easily, they were taught by their  forbears you don't  capitulate to bullies and threats.

Have a nice day. :tup:

Reinardina

It's a Referendum, not an election. A simple democratic tool, to find out what the country wants.

Any problems, and there will be problems whatever the country decides, will have to be sorted out by the (elected) government. Afterwards.
It's no use speculating on what might happen, as we simply do not know.

Haven't watched television for about a fortnight, so missed all the 'fun.'

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

jinky

I think it's pretty obvious that the pound will fall should there be a leave vote given it is falling at the prospect suggested by recent polls. Given the obvious confusion / reconfiguring afterwards and lack of predicted growth with or without the vote hard times ahead seem certain.  In that respect anything funded by a Tory government would be fair game whether pensions, the NHS, armed forces etc. Seems to me Dodgy Dave and his pals win either way. Never been that certain that he's not been acting as a Trojan horse myself with his and Osborne stupid tactics and statements.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: ABERS on June 12, 2016, 08:39:53 AM

Another mistake is  that section of the population  doesn't  scare all that easily, they were taught by their  forbears you don't  capitulate to bullies and threats.

Have a nice day. :tup:

Are they open to being fooled ?  After the blue on blue charade for Brexit ? - Yes it's perhaps a Tory gain game  ;) - Reshuffle boundaries, kiss the EU Legislation goodbye and what's next ?
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

ABERS

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on June 12, 2016, 09:51:39 AM
- Reshuffle boundaries, kiss the EU Legislation goodbye and what's next ?

Say hello to an accountable sovereign government .

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: ABERS on June 12, 2016, 10:13:13 AM

One you cannot oust without proportional representation  :2funny:  Accountable ?  :2funny:  if it was not so sad.

ABERS

Quote from: Beaux Reflets on June 12, 2016, 10:35:10 AM

One you cannot oust without proportional representation  :2funny:  Accountable ?  :2funny:  if it was not so sad.

Sorry can't  follow your points. The UK will have the facility to vote out its government if in its opinion it doesn't perform. The commission is unelected.

OK we will still get a load of self serving buffoons as usual, but they will be our elected load of self serving buffoons not one foisted on us.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: ABERS on June 12, 2016, 11:36:54 AM

Sorry can't  follow your points. The UK will have the facility to vote out its government if in its opinion it doesn't perform. The commission is unelected.

The commission is hopefully a body representing democratic countries by concensus for the common good. Sixty relatively peaceful years - I hope my children's future is likewise.

ABERS

I say yes to that.

No more from me on the subject. You may have gathered I'm  a fervent  Brexiter  and I will be voting OUT on the 23rd.  :tup:

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: ABERS on June 12, 2016, 12:48:53 PM
I say yes to that.

No more from me on the subject. You may have gathered I'm  a fervent  Brexiter  and I will be voting OUT on the 23rd.  :tup:

I don't know what all the beefs about beyond destabilising and I will very likely vote to Remain on the 23rd.  :tup:

Back to photography  :tup:

Hinfrance

Went out this morning to do the school run to find that the <expletive deleted> cat had thrown up all over my car. And Mrs H wonders why I call the bl**dy useless thing "vomit".
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on June 12, 2016, 11:36:54 AM

OK we will still get a load of self serving buffoons as usual, but they will be our elected load of self serving buffoons not one foisted on us.

We could be like Ireland who were made to vote again until they reached the right decision.  ::)

Hinfrance

Apart from the fact that it seems to have been raining since last September . .

Apple. As if I didn't loath this manifestation of corporate evil and greed enough. A friend of mine was trying to let me see some pictures of work he is having done on his house. So tell me, in what twisted view of the world does the share button on a cloud service only share with machinery manufactured by the service provider? Answer, on planet Apple. Nasty vindictive grasping b*st*rds.

Please people, stop buying their overpriced stuff.

Luckily there is Google, also no saints, but at least I can see the pictures and all they want is to show me adverts I don't pay any heed to.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

Never considered Apple, but I've got American friends, who don't even seem to know, there are other brands.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.