• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 172
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 172
  • Total: 172
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Quote from: picsfor on December 21, 2010, 09:07:39 AM
Quote from: anglefire on December 21, 2010, 06:59:15 AM
Severn Valley railway kept gong all weekend.   :tup:

The Severn Valley uses "real trains" - not the modern alluminium tubes on wheels occupying railway lines!
I remind you of the story last winter, when the newly built A1 "Tornado stepped in to provide a service from London to Canterbury where no South Eastern service could.

Modern trains are built with a kind of shoe gear that just doesn't like falling snow.
Southern has recently been given an influx of older stock to provide extra seating capacity with passengers moaning about getting "cast offs". What said passengers are now finding is that these older trains not only run better in the snow - but actually clean the snow off the lines as well. There's progress for you!

To use Southerns previous mantra "using the best of the past to improve the future!"

As for medical staff - if the greedy politicians were to take a 3 year pay freeze then the nurses and other front line staff could get closer to the wage they deserved...

Tell them to buy Bombardier, made in Canada, where it snows.  ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Graham

Quote from: spinner on December 22, 2010, 02:29:47 PM
Severn Valley railway kept gong all weekend.   :tup:

The Severn Valley uses "real trains" - not the modern alluminium tubes on wheels occupying railway lines!
I remind you of the story last winter, when the newly built A1 "Tornado stepped in to provide a service from London to Canterbury where no South Eastern service could.

Modern trains are built with a kind of shoe gear that just doesn't like falling snow.
Southern has recently been given an influx of older stock to provide extra seating capacity with passengers moaning about getting "cast offs". What said passengers are now finding is that these older trains not only run better in the snow - but actually clean the snow off the lines as well. There's progress for you!

To use Southerns previous mantra "using the best of the past to improve the future!"

As for medical staff - if the greedy politicians were to take a 3 year pay freeze then the nurses and other front line staff could get closer to the wage they deserved...

Well Mr Spinner!
                                 I think you'll find they'er also made in Derby....where it's snowing! :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Mick

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

alan1572

Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

ABERS

A place I've always intended to visit. Good photography, worth a look-at. :tup:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12060599

picsfor

Quote from: spinner on December 22, 2010, 02:29:47 PM
Severn Valley railway kept gong all weekend.   :tup:

It is with much joy that i tell you that ALL Electorstar trains are built by Bombardier  :D
Difference is - they DON'T work in Snow - apparently the tchnology didn't transfer across the pond  :-\

picsfor

Quote from: ABERS on December 27, 2010, 12:01:33 PM
A place I've always intended to visit. Good photography, worth a look-at. :tup:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12060599

Seen this mentioned before - could be the subject of a meet! It would suit your infra red system a treat i think Alan.

ABERS

As it's a privately owned cemetery there are a few restrictions in place. It would not seem the west cemetery is open for photography.

Details are here    http://www.highgate-cemetery.org/index.php/home

picsfor

Thanks for the info Alan. Gonna give it a look.

OK, so what cheered me up - well it appears i have become the owner of a £600 32gb iPhone courtesy of my mobile phone provider screwing things up.
I now only require a "Sim only" contract on a yearly basis instead of the normal 2 year contract at a higher monthly rate to achieve what i had signed up for.

I have had to suffer a new number for the privilege, but as the number was already lost, i suppose this will do as a compensation  :tup:

jinky

Just managed to play with my Mini Graphics Pad I bought from Aldi for the bargain price of £17.99 a few weeks ago. Works really well for editing in photoshop and for writing notes etc. Bargain with a 3 year warranty - cannot be bad. If you see one it`s worth getting. :)

skellum

Preston North End have finally sacked manager Darren Fergusson... :tup:

krennon

OKAY it was Xmas day not today but the wife bought me a Lowepro 202AW bag for Xmas and I am well chuffed with it, pockets and dividers and a tripod holder, plus I've sussed out I can slip my fold up white balance reader inside the AW cover pocket so that stays out the way....If you haven't got more than 3 or so lenses that you carry with you then this is the perfect bag.....otherwise consider the 302AW.....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

spinner

Found a place in a neighbouring town that had the oven part I needed, in stock. Drove out and picked it up. Now I have a working oven! No need for take-out. :P
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on January 05, 2011, 02:34:57 AM
Found a place in a neighbouring town that had the oven part I needed, in stock. Drove out and picked it up. Now I have a working oven! No need for take-out. :P

So your're cooking now.  :2funny:

Just Dave

Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.