• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 118
  • Total: 118
  • Bingbot
millets
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deetus

It was actually on the 3rd of April but I've only just got back on the pooter. I celebrated a large birthday ( begins with a 6 and ends in a 0 ). We travelled south to spend the weekend at my sisters. As far as I knew it was going to be a quiet family dinner for 8 people. Oh no, unbeknown to me a large party had been planned with all the family and some friends turning up. It was marvellous. Of course my sister had stuck all the old family photos around the room and we had a fine time reminiscing about the good old days. My wife brought a fabulous cake decorated with someone with a remarkable resemblance to myself sat in an armchair, surrounded by golf clubs and a camera on his lap and his cat at his feet.
Everyone was very generous with their gifts, so much so that I've been able to buy the new tripod that I've been thinking about for ages.

That's what made me feel good.  :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D

Oldboy

Well done deetus on reaching 60.  :tup: All the best people have Birthdays in April before the 21st.  :2funny:

Jonathan

Quote from: spinner on April 14, 2010, 01:56:36 AM
But then one of you guys can slide into his Wedding Photog niche! ;D

Yeah cos the world's pretty short of Wedding photographers....  Google says there are 1,570,000 in Canterbury alone.  That's 30X the population.
It's Guest's round

picsfor

probably the population of Kent!

anglefire

Firstly, well done to Deetus on reaching 60 - I got to the dizzy heights of 45 earlier in the month - which is getting too near to 50 for me!

Secondly, WMMFGT? I picked up my new Car. Very nice and sparkly! - and as said on the D3 forum - gives you a Permagrin  :tup: So much quicker than my Defender - but does pretty much everything that did (Apart from 12 seats!) and then some. And I can now hear the radio and talk to the wife. Not necessarily a good thing  ;D
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on April 14, 2010, 11:05:26 PM
And I can now hear the radio and talk to the wife. Not necessarily a good thing  ;D

Don't you mean listen to the wife!  :2funny: :2funny: :legit:

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on April 15, 2010, 12:29:14 AM
Quote from: anglefire on April 14, 2010, 11:05:26 PM
And I can now hear the radio and talk to the wife. Not necessarily a good thing  ;D

Don't you mean listen to the wife!  :2funny: :2funny: :legit:

Which really makes the radio superfloouss.  :-X
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Darren1978

WMMFGT....well last night really....the super Spurs beating the Gooners 2-1  :beer: :beer: :beer:

The match couldn't have started any better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTto4v_t0lU

Goal of the Season?  I think so  :tup:

deetus

Thanks Oldboy and Mark, I'm looking forward to the next 60  :dance:

Hybridphotog

What's making me feel good today? Reliving my days as a VB programmer.

I can't find a file manager that does what I want, so I might as well make one. And I'm halfway to finishing the basics. :D

anglefire

I've done a bit of VB programming - but only really inside of Word and Excel - I've got another project to do funnily enough. But it won't get started for a day or so.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Alfonso_Frisk

Excuse my ignorance but what is VB?
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Oldboy

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on April 15, 2010, 11:47:40 PM
Excuse my ignorance but what is VB?

Visual Basic, which allows you to create standalone programs with the exe file extension. VB is built into Word, Excel and Access but is referred to as VBA or Visual Basic for Applications. Version 6 is the last one Microsoft released and at the time cost about £1,100.  :o

picsfor

Sadly, VB or VBA was considered to be the main cause of virus and other nasty propergation - which is a shame really because it wasn't all that bad.
After all the Basic Development language was how Microsoft came into being - so they do actually have history with it...

bones615

Quote from: picsfor on April 16, 2010, 09:13:56 AM
After all the Basic Development language was how Microsoft came into being - so they do actually have history with it...

Basic language, that takes me back. Used it at school on a commodore pet?? then got a zx81 and later a commodore64 at home. 30 yrs since I wasted half my days programming (badly). I have seen the Vb thing in my office programs, is it a lot different to the original basic?

Simon

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.