• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 43
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greypoint

Surrey always sounds posh to those of us out here in the Shires :2funny:

ABERS

Dammit, I've just looked out of the window and there are a few flakes falling. It looks suspiciously like some of that Northern snow, you know the sort that falls on Watford! :doh:

Forseti

Quote from: ABERS on January 05, 2010, 10:26:39 PM
It looks suspiciously like some of that Northern snow, you know the sort that falls on Watford! :doh:

If it's white you might well be right - if blue then it's Birmingham snow. I'll leave you to work that one out.  ;)
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

ABERS

Quote from: Forseti on January 05, 2010, 10:42:31 PM
Quote from: ABERS on January 05, 2010, 10:26:39 PM
It looks suspiciously like some of that Northern snow, you know the sort that falls on Watford! :doh:

If it's white you might well be right - if blue then it's Birmingham snow. I'll leave you to work that one out.  ;)

No it's not that awful!

anglefire

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

greypoint

And now there's a bloomin' bishop on newsnight telling us freezing weather can often thaw the heart and make us helpful to each other....it's not a judgement from above then :2funny:

oRGie

I liked the short clip of a land rover pulling out a lorry  :2funny:

anglefire

Set up our new TV onto the home network, via a couple of 200Mbps mains network adapters, so that I can stream music, pictures and video to the Tv. (I used mains because to get a cable across requires all the carpet to be taken up or wireless - but I had heard the speed of wireless may not be enough. Hopefully the mains bourne network will be!)

And I've got it streaming from the NAS via TwonkyMedia, rather than the PC and Samsungs own share manager. Which it says you have to use. But you don't, which is pretty good, since the PC isn't always on  :tup:
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

greypoint

we missed out on the heavy snow overnight :D

Cabbyjohn

Is this what they call global warming?  :-\

Oldboy

Lots of lovely snow overnight. It won't be blue as it's very cloudy, but the street lights reflected off the clouds make them look orange.  ;D

anglefire

Quote from: Cabbyjohn on January 06, 2010, 07:05:14 AM
Is this what they call global warming?  :-\

It will no doubt be tagged with that label - but in honesty, I suspect know one actually knows for sure. Same sort of thing happened about 30years ago - I remember walking to 6th form and it being -26'C at 8:30 in the morning!

However, it does give us some idea what it would be like here if we didn't have the North Atlantic Drift - which some say will turn off at some point - it has happened before.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Graham

Quote from: greypoint on January 05, 2010, 06:25:40 PM
Quote from: Graham on January 05, 2010, 06:08:10 PM
     So! Snow then, it looks like it's the new Marmite (You love it or you hate it.)
     I'm with OldBoy on this one.
     I love to see the big flakes (Not that one :2funny:) floating down.
     Walking in it takes 40 years off me.
     It makes my garden look as good as next doors.
             What's not to like?
                                         Graham. ;D

What's not to like is the packed ice that surely follows and makes the pavements lethal....you should think of those of us who are getting old and frail :2funny:

And another thing I just noticed!
           It's easy to see where your dogs done a poo, and when you pick it up it keeps your hands warm.
                         Graham. :2funny:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

wendoureecat

Quote from: Graham on January 06, 2010, 07:33:36 AM
           It's easy to see where your dogs done a poo, and when you pick it up it keeps your hands warm.

And thats the reason I like cats  :P

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on January 06, 2010, 07:33:36 AM

Also, snow is great for cleaning your boots by just walking in it. Mine are shining this morning.  ;D :2funny:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.