• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 50
  • Total: 50
Wish
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: deetus on July 04, 2015, 08:52:55 AM
Yesterday actually.

RETIRED... :beer: :beer: :) :)

You mean you went to bed!  :P

Now the fun begins - enjoy.  :tup:

Hinfrance

Rummaging about in the study yesterday I came across my old mini DV video camera. After charging it up I found it still worked perfectly and that the tape in it was recorded by my daughter when she was so much smaller. I decided to transfer he video to my PC. Then major snag - the camera connects by mini DV or USB, but there was no way I could get the USB drivers to work - they were last updated by Panasonic in 2003. The video worked, but there was no audio. The only mini DV lead I have is to firewire, and I didn't have a firewire card in my PC.

As luck would have it though my hoarding instinct came to the rescue and a further rummage in a study cupboard led to the discovery of an ancient PCI firewire card. I still had a PCI slot spare in the PC, so I bunged it in. Windows automatically found the drivers, installed them (including one for the camera - amazing) and now I am up an running. Of course, that's the thing about Windows - it just works!

Result :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

New kitchen finished!
Now 'only' flooring and blinds to sort out.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

Have some problems with the cistern of my closed coupled toilet suite.

To find out, if it is something 'a competent person' (not me!) can fix, or whether it needs a plumber/installer, I contacted the customer service via the 'Ideal Standard' website.

I was told, I needed either an X or Y kit and could I give more details, so they could tell me exactly.

After an exchange of emails, photos and serial numbers, I received an email this morning; they have ordered three new parts (worth well over £40), with which my installer can fix the problem. The items will be with me on, or before the 9th of September.

As a goodwill gesture!!!

And the suite is years old, and long out of guarantee.

I think this surpasses even John Lewis for customer care!

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on September 02, 2015, 01:16:42 PM

To find out, if it is something 'a competent person' (not me!) can fix, or whether it needs a plumber/installer, I contacted the customer service via the 'Ideal Standard' website.

I was told, I needed either an X or Y kit and could I give more details, so they could tell me exactly.

After an exchange of emails, photos and serial numbers, I received an email this morning; they have ordered three new parts (worth well over £40), with which my installer can fix the problem. The items will be with me on, or before the 9th of September.

As a goodwill gesture!!!

That made you happy.  :tup:

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on September 02, 2015, 05:38:30 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on September 02, 2015, 01:16:42 PM

As a goodwill gesture!!!

That made you happy.  :tup:

It was so unexpected, and on a day lots of other things went wrong, that yes, it did make me happy.

jinky

For the 4 years or so of my second career of photography I longed to get the chance of shooting a destination wedding. I close down and stop shooting and get offered a couple within the last week! The first I would not do for a stranger but I`ve agreed to shoot the weekend wedding of a friend`s daughter in a gorgeous hotel in the south of Spain. I`m getting flights for me and my wife covered, a couple of nights in a hotel near Ronda and then a week in a villa above Marbella with a hire car throughout  + meals / drinks on the wedding weekend. She wants to pay me a fee on top but I feel that`s more than enough and don`t want to get tax man interest if I post pictures later. The best part is they don`t want normal wedding coverage with lots of bridal posing / groups/ photobooth - just informal shots of a weekend party with the ceremony in the middle somewhere. Wonderful! Hope I get more of such gigs!

Oldboy

Well done Jinky, isn't always the same!  ::)

Reinardina

That's worth coming out of retirement for!

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Should be fun but not until end of April. Need to persuade them to at least do a few couple shots as they are so anti- standard wedding shoots. They wanted me because of some shots I did of their mum`s 60th when I was down there for a party which were all reportage style. All I need to do is read up on how Spanish weddings are conducted now.

Reinardina

Just rang an alpine hotel, to confirm a booking for a stay over Christmas. When I wanted to give my credit card details, it wasn't necessary as 'they knew us.' (Daughter and I spent two nights there in September.)

Long live small-ish family run hotels in Austria!

jinky

Always nice to feel special and remembered R  ;)

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on November 04, 2015, 06:57:08 PM
Always nice to feel special and remembered R  ;)

Yes, it is something that's lacking, when you book a 'chain hotel.'

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.