• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 94
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 103
  • Total: 103
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Comfort zone.

Started by Jediboy, September 23, 2017, 03:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

I feel that I am sitting safely in my comfort zone with regards to my photography.

I am happy taking landscapes for example - they just sit there waiting for you, they don't move around and it can be quite relaxing taking landscapes.

People - hate photographing people. Not very confident and find it more tricky. People want good results (landscapes don't seem to mind), people move around, talk and close their eyes. It can be tricky.
Anyway I decided to try and change this yesterday when I was trying to get a photo for the relax comp. I approached a fisherman and asked if he minded me taking a few photos of him fishing. He was really kind and happily agreed and we had a good chat. I wasn't hugely happy with the results but I overcame a hurdle.

I guess sometime you have to step outside of your comfort zone, something which I need to be more willing to try.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Jediboy

This is one of the photos, could do better but I did it!!

Chris

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on September 23, 2017, 03:31:21 PM
I feel that I am sitting safely in my comfort zone with regards to my photography.

I am happy taking landscapes for example - they just sit there waiting for you, they don't move around and it can be quite relaxing taking landscapes.

People - hate photographing people. Not very confident and find it more tricky. People want good results (landscapes don't seem to mind), people move around, talk and close their eyes. It can be tricky.
Anyway I decided to try and change this yesterday when I was trying to get a photo for the relax comp. I approached a fisherman and asked if he minded me taking a few photos of him fishing. He was really kind and happily agreed and we had a good chat. I wasn't hugely happy with the results but I overcame a hurdle.

I guess sometime you have to step outside of your comfort zone, something which I need to be more willing to try.

Most people are happy to have their photo taken, some even ask if I can take theirs but then aren't  interested in the result? I prefer to catch them unaware as you get a more natural shot. As long as you stand about with the camera out in the open, then it's clear you may take photos that will include them.  8)

Jediboy

I was expecting a 'no.' So was happy he agreed. Maybe you're right Oldboy, I should go out and be seen and then perhaps people accept it.

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.