• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 39
  • Total: 39
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Wyming Brook

Started by Bigbill, August 15, 2009, 06:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbill

Hewwo from Geographicly wonderful Sheffy.

Now then,ive lately stumbled across a Gem of a place for our fine hobby,,,,,,Wyming Brook which is just on the edge of the Steel City.
If your up for a bit of a challenging walk,this place is a paradise for us,its loaded with breathtaking scenes,be they little water falls,beautiful little scenes of unending greenery,huge fallen trees rotting away,it goes on and on.
Generaly through the week its very quiet,ive spent many hours there without seeing a soul,and it will be a very long time before i think to myself that ive covered it properly.
best thing,,its totaly FREE,one thing Sheffy does have going for it is a great location,,,,,,England has many cracking countryside locations,i doubt if there one better than Wyming Brook !
So,if your in range,make the effort,points to be aware of,,,theres nothing for a few miles around,and the walk does make you hungry,so fetch your flask and butties,,also,not the best place when the sky opens,,,,wear the correct stuff.
If you do decide to have a look,please feel free to give me a shout,i dont need an excuse to go !!

Shine On

Oldboy

Looks like you found a good site. I feel the same way about Sandwell Valley but it doesn't have waterfalls. Still plenty of wildlife and three big lakes plus a couple of small ones.  ;D

anglefire

I must get over to Sandwell one of the days - as for Sheffield, I was a student there for 3 years - and go there these days for work - but not managed to get any proper photography in!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Trickee

just had a look on google earth looks like an interesting venue. its a pretty big area is there a good car park anywhere bigbill?

Bigbill

hewwo Tricky person,
Yahhhhh,there are a couple of car parks with good map boards and stuff,,,,,if you are planning on taking a look,let me know,i go by bus usualy,
Just find Redmires Lane on the map,out of Sheffy towards Lodge Moor,and the car park crops up on the right,
You will enjoy just seeing it,let alone recording masterpieces(like me,,i do,,honestly i do,,,masterpiece,,,,,,,,every time,,honest,,i do,,,,,,,,,)

Shine On

please feel free to call me if you wish

0114 267 9616

07504 983 556

Trickee

hi bigbill

i will give you a shout when i can get up there-no more hols till next year now :'(

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.