• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 29
  • Total: 29
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Christmas, a time to be ripped off

Started by lurkalot, December 19, 2007, 07:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Was looking at the price of Christmas trees (real ones)  today, bloody £40.   :o :(

Seems a lot for something to keep in the house for a few days, and then chuck on the bonfire, or am I just being tight. (no don't answer that)  :D

guest4

Quote from: lurkalot on December 19, 2007, 07:42:02 PM
Was looking at the price of Christmas trees (real ones)  today, bloody £40.   :o :(

Seems a lot for something to keep in the house for a few days, and then chuck on the bonfire, or am I just being tight?  :D

Yes  :2funny:

Come Lurk A Lot, its for the kiddies remember?

Tip; get a growing one, when all is done plant it in the garden and use it again next year. :P

Karen

Agree with you, we had a real one for a few years but we've gone back to artificial as they are way too expensive

hevans

Our main tree (9 foot) was 40 EUR, the one outside (6 ft) was 14 EUR, the little one in our bedroom (4 ft) was 10 EUR.

The wife likes to have lots of trees. Just doing our bit for carbon sequestration  ::)

To be honest, I've started to think about these things in terms of going out to eat. for 40 GBP, you've gone out on a date  and had a good meal (maybe). The meal lasts a few hours, the tree lasts a few weeks.

H.

Simple

Bought our tree (6ft) for £12,-
Whilst moving it I managed to poke it in my eye! :-[
Went to A&E next day and had 3 deep scratches and some minor ones. It is now a week later and finally doesn't hurd anymore, but vision is still bad.
Next year it will be a light artificial one again.  :P

lurkalot

Quote from: veggiesosage on December 20, 2007, 12:58:22 AM
Quote from: lurkalot on December 19, 2007, 07:42:02 PM

Seems a lot for something to keep in the house for a few days, and then chuck on the bonfire, or am I just being tight?  :D

Yes  :2funny:

Come Lurk A Lot, its for the kiddies remember?

Tip; get a growing one, when all is done plant it in the garden and use it again next year. :P

lol... The one's with roots on are even more expensive.    Might grow some and sell em myself :D

lurkalot

Quote from: Simple on December 20, 2007, 09:13:44 AM
Bought our tree (6ft) for £12,-
Whilst moving it I managed to poke it in my eye! :-[
Went to A&E next day and had 3 deep scratches and some minor ones. It is now a week later and finally doesn't hurd anymore, but vision is still bad.
Next year it will be a light artificial one again.  :P

Another handy Tip;   Don't poke the tree in your eye, cause it bloody hurts.  :tup:

Simple

The £12 Tree has now dropped about 12lbs of needles. It is now a sad looking affair. My wife also put chocolate baubles in the tree. My teenage son rips them out and drops a lb of needles evry time he picks one.
Humbug. (but I had a good meal and I am getting drunk at 3.30PM.)  ;D

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.